Niagara R. and Port D. Sunday

Aaron Shirley

Vince joined me for a short morning fish on the Niagara on Sunday.. very short. After seeing the water was just fishable, I launched and we headed down river. We saw the Police working half-way down a steep bank to remove a car on our first drift! Niagara Car Accident

After snapping a pic of the car we set up and made a few drifts. We tried shiners, roe and Kwikfish as the water quickly turned muddy with the high winds :wallbash:

After several drifts without a fish and less than a foot of vis with brown water conditions, we pulled out and headed to Port Dalhousie hoping for clearer water. We were greated with heavily stained water, but it was better than the Niagara. I think the water was slowly starting to lose vis there as well, but it was fishable. I got one steelie on a pink roe bag as the wind was making it unbearable to fish in comfort and have good boat control.

Niagara_01_2011_01.jpg

We left shortly after frozen and battered from the wind and headed to Timmies for a coffee.

I needed to get out, but man, what brutal conditions. I really hope Lake erie freezes up soon so we can have clear water to fish!

I was there the day before when the conditions and water were a tat better Aaron, alough the fishing was still slow. Only two fish caught( Browns )Saturday morning by the fella next to me. Nothing was happening with the roe so a few of us switch over to Gulp minnows and that was the ticket.

Nice bright pic of a beauty Bow Aaron.