NF

walleyejack

My Sony is dying on me,had to watch the junior game on a 26" :angry:

I have been looking around and of course Future shop and Best buy are sold out,anyone have any ideas on a good retailer and an opinion on brands ? My 46" Sony is only 4 yrs old,and needs the bulb replaced soon and keeps shutting off every minute or two for a minute,sometimes it will run for hours without shutting down.Am looking for something reliable and will last more than 4 yrs

My Sony is dying on me,had to watch the junior game on a 26" :angry:

I have been looking around and of course Future shop and Best buy are sold out,anyone have any ideas on a good retailer and an opinion on brands ? My 46" Sony is only 4 yrs old,and needs the bulb replaced soon and keeps shutting off every minute or two for a minute,sometimes it will run for hours without shutting down.Am looking for something reliable and will last more than 4 yrs

Not sure whats available these days but I have a 10 year old 62 inch Toshiba rear projection set and it hasn't skipped a beat since the day I bought it. If thats any inclination as to the quality I'm definitely going to buy another Toshiba when this one finally gives up.

I was in 2001 audio video and they had a nice LG LCD 47" for 650.00

I have five flat panels tv`s ranging in size from 27 to 60" inches, Mitsubishi,LG and Panasonic and I really can`t tell the difference in the pictures but I may give a slight edge to the oldest the Mits 60" DLP has a very good picture and I can`t tell the difference in 720P or 1080P.

They also had a 3D TV on sale if your into the 3D thing.

I recommend a sharp aquos LCD TV.... I've had my 42" now for 4 years and it still works as it did the day I bought it (knock on wood).

Costco has them at a pretty good deal depending on your price range:

55" are 1699.00

46" are 1349.00 or 999.00 depending on how many HDMI ports you want (4 vs. 3 respectively)

you can check out the prices online and all the features. These are also the "newer" technology, meaning LED LCD tv vs. traditional LCD.

Future shop has the step up from this, the quattron model, which is about $300 difference higher than what I've listed.

Good luck

I have a 50" Pioneer Plasma. If sports are thing get the plasma for refresh rate.

Look for moving vehicles and if the screen blurs the TV is lower quality. Also edges of suits look fuzzy.

The to cheap to believe prices are us usually 60hrz alright for game shows and sitcoms.

Seen some LG plasmas that look good.

Why not just install a new bulb?

Bulbs are $190+ tax.and thats at Tiger Direct,not sure what Sony is,prob 250,anyways if i have to replace the bulb every 3-4 yrs, i still have an old tv,and not sure if it is the bulb even,guy in the tv store said it was something elae and not bulb related,but he was a salesman. will nose around,no point in getting a bulb,then fixing the other problem,and end up spending another 300.

but thanks anyway

if you are in Whitby short drive to 2001 Audio/video. Also you would be surprised...at how many are at your local pawn shop this time of year. Wouldn't give future scrap a look as they have the shittiest cosumer warantees in the business.

I checked them out onliine,they don t have anything in what i m looking for. but i should go to the store anyway and see.

Thanks

I have a 50" Pioneer Plasma. If sports are thing get the plasma for refresh rate.

Look for moving vehicles and if the screen blurs the TV is lower quality. Also edges of suits look fuzzy.

The to cheap to believe prices are us usually 60hrz alright for game shows and sitcoms.

Seen some LG plasmas that look good.

I have a Panasonic P50G20 plasma and absolutely love it.

When I was checking TV's out in the store I looked at all of the different brands, types and models and found even the best 240hz LED LCD's still had too much motion blur for my liking. I also don't like the black levels on LCD units.

The Panasonic was my 2nd choice. It was a to me retirement gift and every time I looked at the pioneer it was Oooooooo.

I also like Whitby Audio for knowledge "price" never bought there.

You have 30 to return at Best Buy and agree with comments on futer shop.

The Panasonic was my 2nd choice. It was a to me retirement gift and every time I looked at the pioneer it was Oooooooo.

The Pioneer Kuro isthe standard all other plasmas are rated by. Unfortunately Pioneer no longer makes Plasmas and have sold all the Kuro technology to Panasonic. I expect Panasonic to impliment more Kuro tech into their models over the next couple of years. The Kuro tech is expensive and is a big reason for Pioneer bowing out of the market. Some of the Kuro tech is being employed in Panasonics VT a Z series plasmas now and is expected in the G series in 2011.

didnt read this whole thread, but i had issues this summer with mine, had bought a sharp aquos,(idiot as i am didnt buy the extended warranty) was told best on the market, after 13 months (1 month past warranty) the picture tube fried and believe it or not there were no manufacturer or aftermarket parts to fix it, was told by sharp these tv's are built to be disposible" and to scrap the tv, sux to be you, wow if i would have known that i wouldn't have spent $1200 a year before for a "disposible" tv, after 2 1/2 months of fighting with them and threatening litigation, they finally sent me a brand new tv for the price of the extended warranty,

moral of the story buy an extended warranty

"my" moral of the story dont buy Sharp

didnt read this whole thread, but i had issues this summer with mine, had bought a sharp aquos,(idiot as i am didnt buy the extended warranty) was told best on the market, after 13 months (1 month past warranty) the picture tube fried and believe it or not there were no manufacturer or aftermarket parts to fix it, was told by sharp these tv's are built to be disposible" and to scrap the tv, sux to be you, wow if i would have known that i wouldn't have spent $1200 a year before for a "disposible" tv, after 2 1/2 months of fighting with them and threatening litigation, they finally sent me a brand new tv for the price of the extended warranty,

There are Gov legislations regarding major appliances and "reasonable warranty and life span" of said appliances.If you do your homework and force this with the manufacturer, you may be surprised at the lengths they will go to avoid unwanted publicity.They exist, but are not widely publicized.Manufacturers are aware of it but if you dont push the issue, they will do nothing at all.

very interesting read.

thank you