Sure hope 2011 goes out better than it came in.

Rattletrap2

Yesterday was a very sad day for everyone in our household.

I mentioned a while back in another thread, that our poor old Pup was having a tough time getting around since Thanksgiving week-end.

Things continued to decline and he was loosing more and more control over his hind legs. Well, things really progressed quickly for the worse over the past few days and yesterday, we had to face the inevitable.

Ol' Tyler was unable to stand on his own and appeared to start having some pain. He would cry out from time to time and just laid there in the front hall.

We called the girls and they all came home to be there with him and us At 2:15 yesterday afternoon, he went to sleep for the final time The Veterinarian was excellent with us all, but nothing can make the pain we feel go away. We know we did the right thing for him and the look in his eyes almost appeared to be thanking us. He lived with so much dignity all his life and we could never have asked for a better dog. The way he was yesterday, was just not the way he deserved to live.

We all knew that this time was likely to come sooner than later, but nothing can prepare you for this. I know many of you have had to face this type of thing as well. Our world is so empty without him. .

25ily1f.jpg

Tyler (aka "Bubba") April 1998 - January 1, 2011 Never to be forgotten

Brian,

Sorry to here about Bubba. I can only imagine what your family is going through. They are like children to us. Just like any other family member. I'm sure he will be sadly missed but when one door closes another opens.

Brian, i feel your pain and your loss. I have been there a number of times myself. But my love of dogs, and the unconditional love they show us, always makes me get another.Not to replace or fill the hole left when one departs, but to share my life with such a noble, loyal and loving creature.

Brian, i feel your pain and your loss. I have been there a number of times myself. But my love of dogs, and the unconditional love they show us, always makes me get another.Not to replace or fill the hole left when one departs, but to share my life with such a noble, loyal and loving creature.

Same here and well said.

I feel for your loss.

We have a Retriever that was also born in April '98, and we've been experiencing mobility issues.

I'm not looking forward to the day when I'm in your shoes. With this being my wifes 1st dog, she already knows she's going to be a mess for some time afterwards.

Really sorry to hear the news Brian, it's one of the toughest things a person ever goes thru & you've sure got my sympathies.

My little buddy Marvin turned 14 last October and it's something I think about every day.

Sorry to hear that Brian. Tyler looked like a beautiful, loving family member and I feel for you. I have an aging cat that I love to death and we had a close call in Septmeber, but he pulled through. I know his days are numbered and whenever he starts to act funny, I wonder if it is time.

Really sorry again Brian, I feel your pain.

Joey

Yesterday was a very sad day for everyone in our household.

I mentioned a while back in another thread, that our poor old Pup was having a tough time getting around since Thanksgiving week-end.

Things continued to decline and he was loosing more and more control over his hind legs. Well, things really progressed quickly for the worse over the past few days and yesterday, we had to face the inevitable.

Ol' Tyler was unable to stand on his own and appeared to start having some pain. He would cry out from time to time and just laid there in the front hall.

We called the girls and they all came home to be there with him and us At 2:15 yesterday afternoon, he went to sleep for the final time The Veterinarian was excellent with us all, but nothing can make the pain we feel go away. We know we did the right thing for him and the look in his eyes almost appeared to be thanking us. He lived with so much dignity all his life and we could never have asked for a better dog. The way he was yesterday, was just not the way he deserved to live.

We all knew that this time was likely to come sooner than later, but nothing can prepare you for this. I know many of you have had to face this type of thing as well. Our world is so empty without him. .

25ily1f.jpg

Tyler (aka "Bubba") April 1998 - January 1, 2011 Never to be forgotten

Sorry for your loss Rattletrap, a sad day indeed.

Cheers and all the best for 2011,

Shaun

I am so sorry for your loss. I cannot imagine the pain you must be going through at this time. As you said though, Tyler is in a better place and is not suffering. We build close bonds with our furry friends and parting is so difficult. I just got my new little guy (Toby) and have an 11 year old dog as well. As much as we know that they don't live forever, we can never be prepared for the inevitable.

My heart felt sympathies go out to you and your family.

Edited by motion

It is always one of the most heart wrenching decisions for us, but the kindest and most thoughtful way to say goodbye. Lost my beloved Benson a year ago now, still think about him every day.

I know it is difficult to say goodbye to a pet you held so dear Brian...

I hope and pray you find comfort and peace in the fond memories you made together ...

Their footprints will always be on our hearts...