ICE BUNGALOWS

asdve23rveavwa

I have been to Anglers Haven. I was very impressed with the service and the accomodations. The fishing where the bungalow was located was OK but not super however, at no extra charge they offered to take us out to a day hut where the action was much better.

I'd go with them again!!! :thumbsup_anim:

Edited by Big Cliff

I had a few buds that did the bungalow thing, they said it was good but it was a long 3 days siting confined in a shack, Like Cliff said could be a better idea, 1 day trips in and out and get a motel in town then your not stuck. The wife may like that better, do the out for super after. Then back out fresh the next day.

Just an idea

Good luck

I had a few buds that did the bungalow thing, they said it was good but it was a long 3 days siting confined in a shack, Like Cliff said could be a better idea, 1 day trips in and out and get a motel in town then your not stuck. The wife may like that better, do the out for super after. Then back out fresh the next day.

Just an idea

Good luck

Actually we did stay in one of their ice bunglows and it was quite comfortable. Gas fireplace TV/VCR. You would be better to check out their website. We did catch fish right in the bunglow but the guys they took out on the day trips were catching their limits in a couple of hours.

Actually we did stay in one of their ice bunglows and it was quite comfortable. Gas fireplace TV/VCR. You would be better to check out their website. We did catch fish right in the bunglow but the guys they took out on the day trips were catching their limits in a couple of hours.

Sounds promising. When in the season were you there Cliff? January or February?

We have done the on ice bungalows a number of times. If the weather is fair, they can be okay, you can get out for a stretch and roam around a bit. If the weather gets nasty, windy and cold, it can be a chore just going for a #1, never mind finding out how cold the white ring can be doing a #2. You wanna know how cold..didn't think anyone ever got freezer burn on their O ring.. :stretcher: NOooooo. For the last 3 years we have gone the other way, cottage on shore, all the amenities and go fish in the supplied huts during the day. Besides, if this is just a weekend getaway with the better half, those skinny bunks sorta limit the acrobatics you can perform. :devil:

The bride and I went here about 3-4 years ago....we had a very good time and she never ice fished before and has asked to go back a couple times.

You get a heated cottage on the lake, transportation to ice hut and back plus bait for $65 per night per person and the owners are real nice people with HUGE ice huts and CLEAN cottages.

http://www.brookscottages.com/winter.html

Good Luck,

Bob

The bride and I went here about 3-4 years ago....we had a very good time and she never ice fished before and has asked to go back a couple times.

You get a heated cottage on the lake, transportation to ice hut and back plus bait for $65 per night per person and the owners are real nice people with HUGE ice huts and CLEAN cottages.

http://www.brookscottages.com/winter.html

Good Luck,

Bob

Billy Bob - That place looks great! - and the prices are really good aswell - how's the (ice) fishing?

Tracker (Don)

Frank.. a nice option for honey would be an island cottage on Temagami (should be drive to soon) and head out with a portable hut during the day. Do you have a sled?.. or a hut for that matter? Would have to be Feb though.. as cottage caretaker is leaving Wednesday until the end of January.

Frank.. a nice option for honey would be an island cottage on Temagami (should be drive to soon) and head out with a portable hut during the day. Do you have a sled?.. or a hut for that matter? Would have to be Feb though.. as cottage caretaker is leaving Wednesday until the end of January.

[/quote

I have a two person Clam 2000, but, no sled Wayne.

Billy Bob - That place looks great! - and the prices are really good aswell - how's the (ice) fishing?

Tracker (Don)

It's long story how I found this place in the summer years ago....had reservation at another place in PQ and it was BAD so we left, stayed the night in North Bay and called around the next morning...found Brooks Cottages and asked to inspect the cottage before rent...no problem the owner said...one peek inside and we rented it for the rest of the week with the whole tribe in tow...caught limits of walleyes 4 - 9 lbs right near my boat dock....

But anyways when the bride and I went back a few years later ice fishing I had on 3 large fish but didn't land ANY fish.....but I have to say we didn't fish that hard at all....Chris the owner was great taking us out in the morning, bring us back in for lunch and out again after lunch...

You have wood burning stoves to keep warm and I mean WARM....it's because of their wood burner that we have one today in our home....

There is suppose to be pike and lake trout in the lake but I didn't catch any in the summer or the one time in the winter.....we keep talking about going back....my wife who never ice fished really had a good time in the VERY COLD temps we had....she was outside making snow angles while I ice fished......I think she had too much COLD beer...LOL

I just wish this place was closer and easier to get to for us.

Bob

Tracker (Don)

I stayed with the Brooks in 2005, there was a 12 of us in the group. Some were snowmobiling and some were fishing. They are very good people and the huts were on fish. We caught walleye and lake trout while we were there. Not huge numbers but quality fish and enough to keep us busy for 2 days. Lots of safe ice to move around and Chris knows the lake and will help you out.

Dug this one out of last week's vault to give all that responded, and, PM'd a thank you :clapping:

I ended up booking two nights up at Brooks cottages near Loring. Really looking forward to a nice little winter getaway, and, some ice fishing with my best fishing buddy...yeah, Rick, Vince, Lloyd, etc...I'll let you know if she gets the "biggest fish" :lol:

Wanted to give a special thanks to "Irish" for the offer he set me up with...if we had a few more days/nights to make the extra travel time worth it, I would have jumped at that one. Maybe next year, and, it is definitely on our short list of summer destinations.