winter camping - bears?

castgame

a friend and i are hitting middle shanty lake this week to try for splake. plan is to snowshoe in, set up camp, fish a day, and then out again. bears should be hibernating, right? or should i still be cautious and set up a hang?

also, any info on the fishing in this lake/region would be helpful. it's just west of algonquin.

Like its been said....Bears are Fast Asleep.

They "might" wander out for peek a boo, but this time of year they are so larthargic you could probobly kick his butt back down his hole LOL...

Seriously you're in very little danger from a bear encounter.

bears are all sleeping we had two of our beagles go in a den first week of november with a big bruiser 450+lbs the guy was freaking the bear started to move at the two beagles barking and trying to bite its ass he had to go right in den and grab dogs , but bear didnt wake up at all

u will see lots of bear puke and crap if they have been up and about

this den there was crap and puke everywhere outside den

you would think there was a kegger going on

there are lots of wovles around this yr the minstry when i talked to them say they have peaked this yr and are everywhere

bears are all sleeping we had two of our beagles go in a den first week of november with a big bruiser 450+lbs the guy was freaking the bear started to move at the two beagles barking and trying to bite its ass he had to go right in den and grab dogs , but bear didnt wake up at all

u will see lots of bear puke and crap if they have been up and about

this den there was crap and puke everywhere outside den

you would think there was a kegger going on

there are lots of wovles around this yr the minstry when i talked to them say they have peaked this yr and are everywhere

we saw no sign of bear but the trail in had at least three sets of wolf tracks--two adults and a cub. i think that was a first for me!