Sign in to follow this  
I'mHooked

Another tough one on the lower...

Hit the lower yest. with baby brother (25) visiting from BC.

Got the Brown Roe all set Thurs night, lots of different sized bags & colours ready to go!...Of course it probably would have worked better if I hadn't left it in the fridge. :wallbash:

Well that just meant working other methods! :Gonefishing:

7 hours of: Gulp minnows couple different sizes, some trout flies (buggers etc), skinny Pink worms, few single Chinny eggs (from jar), Mepps spinners, Cleo spoons, Cast Master, Chrome Rattle-Trap, Pink/Purple jigs,...hmm think that was everything...Not even a sniff!! :(

Was great day to be out without a doubt, but man, was the bite ever off! Visibilty was at least a couple of feet as well.

The whole day, saw 1 steelie caught on a pink bag, and 3 lakers caught on monster sized jigs with plastic fish bodies. It seemed everyone we talked to was switching up between minnows & roe, but no takers.

I know I was getting down to the bottom because I broke off about a dozen times with the minnows & flies. :dunno:

Oh well, it was at least an awsome New Years Eve day to be out on the river!

Geez, doesn't anyone sleep off a hang over on New Years Day anymore! lol

Sounds like a great day, even without hooking into a fish. Nice scenery, fresh air and a little rain and drizzle to make you feel like the hardy type.

I didn't make out very well either today down in the Niagara but, like you guys, it was great to be out!

No hang over yet Mike, it was New Years EVE day! ;)

It was nice with the aroma of a few camp fires going on as well. Fortunately the rain actually held off until the trip home, so stayed nice and dry!

...Here comes the cold & snow again!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this