Sign in to follow this  
Cookslav

I just had a life changing experience, and had to share it....

As some of you know I decided to adopt a dog from a rescue shelter right before Christmas.

His name is Spuddy, and he just re-paid every penny I paid for him, and I'm pretty sure I'll owe him for the rest of my life.

Last night being new years Eve we planned a Party as many do.

Our usual crowd has a lot of smokers, so I set up my patio Furniture in the Garage, along with some Carpet, and Heaters.....we call it the smokers Lounge.

My wife lit the Kerosene Furnace around 1pm to have it warmed up for dinner.

She checked it at 2-2:30pm, and all was nice and toasty....

At 4pm Spuddy was very persistant that he needed to be let out side at the front door.

So my Wife took him out side....at that point she noticed the Smoke.

The Kerosene Furnace has malfunctioned some how and was engulfed in Flames!

She completely emptied the Fire extinguisher, and the Flames continued to grow.

Luckily she had the presence of mind to push the furnace out onto the Driveway with a broom, and called 911.

Some how I made it home from work before the fireman, and I pushed the furnace onto the side walk as the flames were now bellowing 12 feet or higher and were dangerously close to the house(thank god its Brick)

The heat was so intense it was melting my driveway!!!!

The fire department came with in a minute of me arriving home from work, and all was contained quickly.

We sustained heavy smoke damage in the garage, and I have one hell of a clean up in store, but it sould have been ALOT worse.

The moral of the story....

Karma is a wonderfull thing sometimes.

Had we not adopted Spuddy, he would not have been there to alert us of the fire, and we would have been homeless today as he was a week ago.

Funny how things happen sometimes :)

Edited by Cookslav

Spuddy deserves a great big marrow bone. thumbsup_anim.gif

I'm sorry for the damage but given the circumstances it could have been far worse!

Way to go Spuddy. clapping.gif

Spuddy deserves a great big marrow bone. thumbsup_anim.gif

I'm sorry for the damage but given the circumstances it could have been far worse!

Way to go Spuddy. clapping.gif

Marrow bone? I'd be giving that dog a HUGE T-BONE.

Spuddy the wonder dog! You should forward this story to Purenna, I think they have something on their site about dogs that have done things like that.

Oh and congrats on the new addition to your family!

Wow, Spuddy is a hero for sure. Yep, T-Bone and nothing less will suffice!!!

Great story and I'm glad it worked out better than it could have for you.

Joey

Fantastic story with a very happy ending !!

Spuddy has definetely repayed you for rescuing him from the shelter.

T-bones are definetely called for now and being the chef that you are I'll bet they'll be cooked to perfection :lol:

2 thumbs up for Spuddy!! :thumbsup_anim:

after the T bone i think a large number of knuckle bones from the butcher shop is in order.

my king sheppard LOVED those things.

but also remember what he did for you if he ever makes a puddle while waiting for you to get home or chews a shoe up...... :good:

Awesome dogthumbsup_anim.gif , great end to what could have been a tragedy. Dogs are definitely something special. Our family has been remembering our Kisha we had to say goodbye to 35 years ago now. Christmas was her faourite time - she loved opening those rawhide bone gifts under the tree. Spuddy is a sure winner!