A Rant if I May

Joey

So buying a new snowmobile and getting ready for the 2011 ice fishing season is supposed to be a joyeous occasion, but the bureaucratic Bull I put up with today was just unbelievable.

After having a hard time getting my driver's license changed to my married name (I still haven't been able to), I wanted to make sure that since Paul bought the trailer, I could register it today before we picked up the sled so it was legal to drive.

I called the MTO 3 times yesterday to ask what my requirements were, what to bring, whether I would be able to transfer the plate from the old trailer (in my maiden name) to the new trailer (in Paul's name). Yes, yes and yes I was told as I am now Mrs. Paul Tyborski, no problemo. I gather the required documents and headed up first thing this morning to a line up that was out the door. Oh well, we weren't leaving to pick up the sled til noonish and I was excited for the day so I waited patiently.

My turn came up and I was told to fill out these forms (I accidentally gave my entire registration for the old trailer to the new buyer, so had pay $10 for a new one). So I happily filled away and then got to go to the front of the line and wait again. My turn is up again and they do the replacement registration, then comes time to transfer plate to new trailer. Oh, no we can't do that, your husband has to. I politely said that I had called and was told that was not so, and 3 times they told me I could do it. They said nope, sorry, not unless he sent a letter saying it was okay. I asked what good was it to call the MTO and get info for if it was incorrect and they said that the people I talked to at the MTO were obviously misinformed. After they talked to me like I was a peace of dirt idiot for a minute I lost it. I grabbed up all my stuff and said "This is BULL!!, fine I'll just drive it illegally then because I'm going to pick up my snowmobile today and you guys don't know your arse from hole in the ground."

Of course everyone is staring at this point and they said no, they would not let me leave with my stuff as I had not paid the $10 to replace my registration. I made a few more comments about their business practices and brought up the misinformation I got last time I was there trying to get my drivers licence changed to my married name without success and finally, one of them said, "why don't you just let her get the registration in her husband's name then." I said if they could do that, fine. Of course that was $35 and it is only $10 to transfer a plate. So a new plate was registered for $35 and I still had to pay $10 for the old one as it was now replaced rolleyes.gifwallbash.gif

So I thought that was my stress for the day, should be smooth sailing, just pick up the sled, two fishing licenses as you can't order them online yet, and we're set.

We get the sled, race back to CTC (I called first to see when they were open until today and if they had any fishing licences and they said yes). Get to CTC and guess what, no 2011 licences!!!!! I said "I just called you 10 minutes ago and was told you have them." Paul pulled me out of the store at this point and said it was not worth it, as I guess he could see I had had enough Bull for one day.

So I guess my rant is that the Government makes it mandatory you get licences/registration for almost everything we do and make it as hard a possible to get them.

Okay, I feel better already, whew!!!!!

END RANT!

Edited by Joey

Yup, typical, happens to me all the time too Joey, so take solace you are not alone. Every time I go a gov't centre (center) of some sort things go awry as sure as the sun rises no matter how much prep work investigating I have done. The worst part? You have absolutley zero recourse other than another letter to your MP that will be ignored.

Wow that's gotta burn hun. Service Canada is a gong show.. They should call it "You just got served, Canada"..

I was there a couple weeks ago. Poor fellow sitting beside me waited for over an hour and a half to be told he didn't have all the necessary documents.. Same deal. He called in and some yop forget to tell him to bring such and such.

Oh well.. At least you're good to go! When we going fishing?!?! :clapping:

Wow that's gotta burn hun. Service Canada is a gong show.. They should call it "You just got served, Canada"..

I was there a couple weeks ago. Poor fellow sitting beside me waited for over an hour and a half to be told he didn't have all the necessary documents.. Same deal. He called in and some yop forget to tell him to bring such and such.

Oh well.. At least you're good to go! When we going fishing?!?! :clapping:

How bout tomorrow?

I sympathize with you Joey...been there went through that ,almost the same thing with a trailer.

Why didn't you renew your fishing licences online? Its been in place for a few years now. Did mine dec 1st and got it last week,also had a printout reciept just in case crappy post decides to be like crappy tire.. :wallbash::D

I sympathize with you Joey...been there went through that ,almost the same thing with a trailer.

Why didn't you renew your fishing licences online? Its been in place for a few years now. Did mine dec 1st and got it last week,also had a printout reciept just in case crappy post decides to be like crappy tire.. :wallbash::D

I tried to renew online but it would not let me. I tried yesterday afternoon and it would not work, but then tried 7 minutes after midnight last night and it let me. Guess it was 2011 by then so it worked :rolleyes:

Gun registration, E Health, Ontario Lotto Corp.... need I say more.

(Keep voting in the McGinty gov.... those liberals sure know how to do things well! LOL)

_____

Political parties on all sides are equally useless. Gun registry has nothing to do with McGuinty, and the OLC was created by the Tories under emperor Bill back in the 70's.

Bottom line is that any politician who actually tries to make the public service accountable might as well shoot himself. I've watched bureaucrats hamstring and ruin a politician's career in under 2 years. Politicians only come up with ideas. They don't have the brains to implement them. So the bureaucrats do as they please. It's not like you can vote out a pencil pusher.

Edited by bigugli

Gun registration, E Health, Ontario Lotto Corp.... need I say more.

(Keep voting in the McGinty gov.... those liberals sure know how to do things well! LOL)

_____

About the only thing they have that worked well was my new fishing license. Bought the card and 3 year license online (($53). Printed out the receipt and tempory license. 2 weeks later my card with 3 year stamp arrived in mail.

Best to Everyone in the New Year!

Remember, Patience is a virtue .... nice to see HONEST PEOPLE who really do care, at least trying to do the RIGHT tHING!

Dont let the "Vampires" suck the life out of you

How did you get a 3 year licence for 50 dollars. I paid over 85dollars.

Dang Joey at least you got to give them a good piece of your mind most just leave and keep it bottled up until the cows come home and others leave stress free by parking in the front lobby.

I hope all is better today and you guys got out fishing.

Happy New year

Makes me feel much better about my government....NOT

Went through a bunch of Bull trying to get our enhanced drivers license 2 years ago....

Went to the Dept of Motor Vehicles which is only 2 miles away in Cheektowaga.....CLOSED because it was a Monday and they close Mondays but open a small satellite office 5-6 miles away at a community college (how the hell is this better)...but we call on our cell phone to make sure this satellite office offers Enhanced Drivers License...automated voice says ALL offices offer EDL's...so we head there....stand in line for our turn...SORRY satellite office DON'T do EDL's...So now we head in the opposite direction to Downtown Buffalo......grrrrr....pay for parking down there....almost against my religion....wife and I tell them we want to extend our new EDL's (pay extra) so they will be good for 8 years like they have been saying in the Buffalo News because NYS is upping the cost in May....this way we will save money....the nit wits behind the counter say we can't do this...we insist...finally a supervisor says YES you can........my wife's current driver's license is in her name (my last name) but her birth certificate is in her maiden's name.....NO PROBLEM....SECURITY my ass.....just a whole waste of time and MONEY...paid more money and now I have a Enhanced Driver's License that is NO more secure then my old driver's license.

Maybe I just should of marked my old driver's license with a magic marker the way a REAL EXPENSIVE EDL looks.... :wallbash: