Manual auger extension

mike rousseau

I built an ice shack this year and once I was fishing in it I realized that once the ice gets to be 12 I dont think I'll make it threw the ice... I have a 8" fin bore auger that does not fold... I was wondering if anybody knows if there are extensions for this auger and were I might find one...

Thanks to anyone that leaves me some info...

I built an ice shack this year and once I was fishing in it I realized that once the ice gets to be 12 I dont think I'll make it threw the ice... I have a 8" fin bore auger that does not fold... I was wondering if anybody knows if there are extensions for this auger and were I might find one...

CTC use to sell one but I couldn't find it on their site but I found this on Google

Try this

A friend of mine uses this adapter with a 24 volt cordless drill and his 7" Fin Bore auger and it works great. He doesn't need an extentsion because he can get right down to the ice surface with it.

http://ca.wholesalesports.com/storefront/ice-fishing/augers-tools/nordic-electric-ice-drill-adapter/prod289020.html

They don't make ice cubes that big in Cornwall, unless you're going up north don't worry about it. If you are going up north and show up with a hand crank once you get on your knees with a hand crank and no water, then you have problems.