The world lost another great Man over the holidays.

Harrison

Truly sorry to hear of the loss of Jack, Nanook.

Unfortunately we lost my Dad over the holidays aswell. Although he went quickly, he was in no pain and passed peacefully Dec 26, 2am. In his 60 years he touch many lives with his humour and compassion. He was a retired Toronto Firefighter and he was honoured as such at his funeral.

He introduced the love of the outdoors to my brother and I. There was many a day when my Dad would join us on the water. These memories will last forever. He loved downrigging on Lake Ontario, this is where his wishes to be. He will always be in the boat with us and with the others he loved to share the water with. We will miss him dearly.

For those who knew/worked with my Dad on OFC, sorry if you are finding out this way. We tried to contact everyone, but with the holidays we had a bit of a hard time.

Here are a couple shots of my Dad, man he really loved to fish and spend time with us. Thank you for letting me share and get this out there, makes me feel good. I was/am very proud of him.

Casting for Lake O Salmon

dad_salmon.jpg

Seymour Largie. Love the hold Pops!

dad_bass.jpg

Thanks

Phil

Sad news Phil and I'm really sorry for your loss, I know how close you & Paul were to your Dad and you payed him a very nice tribute here.

I can't say I ever knew your Dad but we were on the job together for around 3 decades so there's always the possibility we worked together without knowing it.

Good to hear the Fire Dept. honoured him like they did.

Condolances from my family to yours Phil