Gilford perching help

Victor

Thanks to frozen-fire, EC1 & MJL i have picked up this expensive yet addicting sport of ice fishing lol.

Tomorrow will be my first time fishing Simcoe. I'm planning to head out from Gilford (need to stop by BPS to pick up an auger). It'd be great if you guys can give me some tips. Not looking for honey holes or anything. Where should I park? and generally how far should I walk out? I know it's a good bet to stick with the crowd but I don't want to get too close and I don't mind doing a bit of legwork myself finding the fish. My plan's to use jigs + the stinky gulp stuff.

Thanks in advance and wish you all a happy new year!

Victor

P.s. Oh i'm also up for suggestions in terms of the area, I picked Gilford since BPS is on the way

but if you dont mind spending 10 bucks for parking on land then you can go to the innisfil beach.

Um don't go to innisfil park unless you have a boat because theres not much ice there yet....

You will see where everyone else is parking at gilford get there early unless you feel like walking for five minutes to get to the lake. Watch the no parking signs and don't park close to any intersections the ticket guy is there everyday boning people for this. My best tip for tomorrow would be to bring a rainjacket...seriously LOL I like staying away from the crowds personally and heading out a little farther off gilford for best action. That being said i wouldn't head too far north because the farther you go the thinner the ice is. I have been out twice from Gilford this year 23 and 35fow were both non stop action although mostly little dinky perch. Good Luck!

U

You will see where everyone else is parking at gilford get there early unless you feel like walking for five minutes to get to the lake. Watch the no parking signs and don't park close to any intersections the ticket guy is there everyday boning people for this. My best tip for tomorrow would be to bring a rainjacket...seriously LOL I like staying away from the crowds personally and heading out a little farther off gilford for best action. That being said i wouldn't head too far north because the farther you go the thinner the ice is. I have been out twice from Gilford this year 23 and 35fow were both non stop action although mostly little dinky perch. Good Luck!

yup 23 to 35 ft and anything in between you will find fish, strait out from 89 is where I was the other day in 39 ft of water

you can park on 89 or Gilford Beach rd. you can't miss all the cars

Um don't go to innisfil park unless you have a boat because theres not much ice there yet....

really? oh well.

didnt know you could park on gilford rd.

have fun vic.

Thanks for all the responses OFC!

and thank you for the invites, I'm going with 2 other family friends so I think we'll venture out on our own.

Hope to have something to report tomorrow.

Edited by Victor

Go Get'um Tomorrow!

BTW, got the fishfinder to work yet?

Not yet, i still haven't picked up the battery. I was thinking of picking it up on the way.

Just checked the forecast though and I may be calling it off. Calling for rain + 25k wind. I don't mind it but it may be too much for my family friends.