Quick Report

MCTFisher9120

Hey OFC, well this Monday I finally got out for some ice fishing, I took my dad out and my little brother(little bro's first trip ever). We did alright on the first trip on Monday. We fished from 4-7ft of water in a small lake off of Lake Ontario. On Monday my little brother caught his first perch through the ice and also the first fish of our season, made him real happy. The perch we caught on the first trip were a good size from 8"-11" long. Here is a pic from Monday

100_2015.jpg

So, today we got out also for some more ice fishing, same place as last time, we fished from 11am-4pm and came up with 1 small....really small pike and another half dozen semi jumbo perch. The little guy came up empty and Dad caught the pike(his first ever). I caught a few nice perch...the perch were from 9"-12" long, this time tho we stuck it out in 10-11.6 ft of water.

All in all I had a good time out with the family, a little frustrating but next time I'm sure well get some real fish :P

Thanks for reading and here are the two photo's from today.

100_2035.jpg

100_2037.jpg

Happy New Year

Theres not much that spooks me out more than clear ice LOL

You should have brought the skates/sticks/ and a puck however

I asked Dad and Doug what they thought, also had my Uncle out today for his first trip, I'm sure they were a little scared but I know I was last season on my first outing. It measured at 10" at our furthest rod from shore.

WTG Mikey.

I am itchin' to get out for some Pike as well before the Lakers and Whities are calling.

It is going to be warm enough in the next little bit that I think I might try casting from shore for some fat females.

(anyone, anyone...)

Cheers,

Mark

Skate fishing is my favorite...I'm hoping this rain creates some good solid rinks in the north like you have in your photos.

9-11inch is pretty good perch...well done!

Skate fishin sounds wild, but trollin must be a real witch !!! I guess ya need good braid.

Great pics !clapping.gif Looks like you had a great day.

Happy New year.

Paul