WFN schedule

Whitemikeca

Does anyone know when the new seasons of fishing shows will start to air on WFN. I know that shows like Musky Hunter and Linders Edge are starting new seasons on other US networks starting Jan 1, but they dont show up on my guide program for WFN. I am getting really tired of watching crappy shows like Big City Fishing and Lunkerville. Bring on the new seasons of good shows already!!

Edited by Whitemikeca

Does anyone know when the new seasons of fishing shows will start to air on WFN. I know that shows like Musky Hunter and Linders Edge are starting new seasons on other US networks starting Jan 1, but they dont show up on my guide program for WFN. I am getting really tired of watching crappy shows like Big City Fishing and Lunkerville. Bring on the new seasons of good shows already!!

I believe I saw an advertisement or a quick clip on a website saying that some new shows are starting Jan 5th. I think it was Facts of Fishing and Getting Schooled that I saw were starting new seasons. I'm not 100% positive, but i think I saw that.... If thats the case, I would bet that most shows are starting new seasons then also.

I too am getting bored of the same old stuff. I PVR alot of them, and quickly delete them because they are always repeats.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Crazyhook!

Whitemike, I don't take it personally ;)

New episodes of Lunkerville will begin airing in March. Lunkerville is not your average fishing show and not for everybody.

Great show Mike. I loved the Central Park show. When are you going to do a Toronto Pike fishing show?

Haha, I didn't realize this post was still floating around. I think I was just in a bitter mood that the new shows hadn't started by the time I posted and I might have overreacted on my hate for some other shows. I can see how some people would like a show like Lunkerville. Personally I prefer shows with "expert" hosts that teach new techniques, fish habits and knowledge, etc., such as Linders vs. shows with an "average guy" host who hires a guide to help him catch fish like big city fishing. I just find I learn more from the shows with professionals. To each their own I guess.

The good news is that freshwater Friday is back on WFN with new Episodes of Linders, Next Bite and Muskie Hunter.

Edited by Whitemikeca

I prefer shows with "expert" hosts that teach new techniques, fish habits and knowledge, etc., such as Linders vs. shows with an "average guy" host who hires a guide to help him catch fish like big city fishing.

Alot of the "experts" most of the time are fishing with guides too. I wouldn't call Crazyhook "Host of Big City Fishing" an average guy...I'd say he's probably one of the most knowledgable fishing guys I've ever met. I like their shows...they are different from the "norm". A guy isn't necessarily an expert cause he wears a shirt thats got enough decals that he looks like a Nascar car.

Cheers

Alot of the "experts" most of the time are fishing with guides too. I wouldn't call Crazyhook "Host of Big City Fishing" an average guy...I'd say he's probably one of the most knowledgable fishing guys I've ever met. I like their shows...they are different from the "norm". A guy isn't necessarily an expert cause he wears a shirt thats got enough decals that he looks like a Nascar car.

Cheers

Thanks for your help letting me know that I can't judge fishermen by their shirts! I always get confused by the shirts because I have only been fishing for 30 years. I am judging the shows by the content of the show. I didn't know that Crazyhook was the host of the show but now that I do I understand whats going on here....... At least I was judging the show from an unbiased viewpoint.

Congrats to Crazyhook on getting the show. Its good to see a boardmember be sucsessful in this industry. I remember posting at the old forum 5 or 6 years ago re musky fishing at Pigeon Lake and Crazyhook sent me a PM with a ton of great info. He seemed like a knoledgable guy.

As for the show, I stand by comments that it is not for me. I watched 4 or 5 episodes and can honestly say I didnt learn anything new. It was old tried and true fishing techniques and nothing new. I don't watch these shows to see someone catch a fish, I watch to see how they catch the fish. When the "how" is old news, it doesn't interest or help me. I think the show is not intended for my audience, rather it's target audience looks to be people how are new to fishing in urban areas and that is fine. Its good that we have shows like this to cater to different people. Like I said already, to each their own.

Edited by Whitemikeca