Cooks Bay Lake Slushcoe?

daryl0815

Hi Everyone,

I was planning on heading out to Cooks Bay on Friday, to try my hand at some perch fishing. I dont have a lot of experience on the bay, or on Simcoe in general, but I know that Lake Simcoe can be quite dangerous, both during soft and hard water seasons.

Given the warm temps and rain in the forecast I was wondering if it will be a wise idea to head out there, because of ice conditions, and also because of slush and water on top of the ice. We would be walking so that helps a little, but it still makes me a little nervous to head out not knowing exactly how the ice is, and because the ice has just begun to form and now its going to be melting.

So my main questions are to those who have been out there in the past few days.

- How much ice is there, and do you think will it be safe on friday? I would likely be heading out from Gilford or Keswick, possibly Roaches Pt. but going out that far north on the new ice might be sketchy.

- How much snow is on top of the ice to turn into a slushy mess?

- If anyone wants to join myself and a friend of mine, you are definitely welcome to come or meet us out there, either PM me or just reply to this post if interested.

any help or advice that you might be able to give would be greatly appreciated, and I hope to see you out there!!

I'm probably going to head to Virginia beach again. Lots of ice plus I have yet to be skunked at VB. EVER. Been skunked many times at Gilford. I usually go solo as most of the people I know don't share the same enthusiasim for ice fishing as I do. If you'd like to go there you're more then welcome. Be nice to have company for a change.

Tony.

I'm probably going to head to Virginia beach again. Lots of ice plus I have yet to be skunked at VB. EVER. Been skunked many times at Gilford. I usually go solo as most of the people I know don't share the same enthusiasim for ice fishing as I do. If you'd like to go there you're more then welcome. Be nice to have company for a change.

Tony.

I just sent you a PM, I have never been to VB, but would be willing to give it a shot if it is safe that is, have you been out there this year?