From Cooks Bay to Cooked

ccmtcanada

I got a message from Fishnsled a while ago about the possibility of some ice fishing on Lake Simcoe over the holidays...and as luck had it, schedules and the weather aligned and cooperated!

Today, Fishnsled, Headhunter, HH's friend and I ventured out to Cooks Bay in search of some perch. We headed out on foot at sunrise, and walked out a little bit. HH was eager to try out his new auger and he fired it up and it cut through the ice like butter! AFter a few minutes, we were fishing...and HH starts catching almost immediately. The action was non-stop it seemed all morning...and the final tally was over 450 fish! Mostly dinks, but got a few for the frying pan. No matter what HH tells you, we all caught about the same number of fish ;)

It was a perfect day...we packed up at 1pm and hit the road. Not bad for a few hours out on the ice. The winds were light, the temperature was mild...couldn't have asked for a better day!

Here are some pics...

HH with a monster...

02hhperch.jpg

Fishnsled...

03willperch.jpg

HH's Buddy...

04friendperch.jpg

My fish was bigger than Fishnsled!!! :whistling:

01perch-1.jpg

This was my haul for the day...

05sink.jpg

And a little while later, they looked like this...the kids kept picking at the plate before it was time to eat...

06dinner.jpg

Thank you gentlemen...hope to hit the ice with you guys again soon!

Great report Cliff, did you save me a piece of fish? lol!

nice going

real good day for fishing

if I felt safe driving my ski-doo over to there I would have paid a visit

but we need just a bit more ice

I felt better that you didn't make the trip as well Terry. Ice was good (about 5 inches of clear) where we were but not sure what was in between us. Better to be safe then sorry. We'll try again soon.

.........but what a motley crew you fished with :lol:

Joey

:glare::D

Good stuff Cliff.

Glad to see you guys keeping those fishing skills sharp.

Got to be ready for your place Bernie. :good:

Fished 7:00am to 1:00pm

Here's how the count REALLY went!

HH -159 - I did say in my post a couple of days ago, I was gonna put a hurt on some perch!

FishnSled - 150

CCMT - 88

Rubin - 59

It was non stop action all day... I fished the first hole I dropped a line in for about 2 hours before I made the big move, about 10 feet to the next hole and I think I fished it for another two!

The perch on Cook's are being very cooperative... and in many cases, they were on the bait before we could flip over our bail!

Jiggin Raps, with Berkley power maggots were the ticket and having either a very sensitive rod or a cheater on your rod were also huge!

I'm already itching to get out again... but the weather doesn't look too good for the next couple of days!

Would have been nice to have you join us Terry, but always better ato be safe than sorry.

Thanks for doing the report Cliff... nest time, I'm going to lap yah! LMAO!

HH

I would say 5 hours and 5 guys

450 / 5 = 90

90/5= 18 fish and hour..is that right

Pretty damn close Terry but there were only 4 guys and we out for about 5.5 hours. So....

450/5.5 hours = 81.82 (rounded up to 82)

82/4 guys = 20.5

The actual numbers if I remember correctly was HH - 160, Fishnsled 150, CCMT - 80, HH's buddy - 60. A couple of fish were snag so we didn't count them.;) The fishing was pretty much non-stop for the entire day. Heavy baits to get down fast and the hits would start immediately. Many fish were on as soon as you flipped the bail. They sure were turned on for some reason. Best day of perchin' in a long time. Great way to end 2010 fishing season.