cooks bay perching

Terry

I needed to get the skidoo out and make sure everything worked

some OFNers were out on the Keswick side but not a lot of ice so I stuck to the west side Gilford

parking was at a premium, note to self "get there earlier", the machine ran great I ran out to what I thought was 30 ft of water but it was only 22 ft so I went a little north east and found my target

fish showed up as soon as I dropped the transducer

I was trying to get the camera set up but fish kept biting, life is tough......LOL

so I quit fishing and got the camera going, it's one I am making up with 360 panning and a little video monitor/mp4 player that records

lots of little perch for the first hour then some eaters showed up, I let them all go

I think I could sit and watch fish swim around all day long.....

here is a little video of the fish

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxQ1-VKa1Rg?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxQ1-VKa1Rg?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxQ1-VKa1Rg?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

I think I will only get out once more for perch with some friends then it's whitefish and trout and maybe a walleye or 2

Nice video, good choice of non head banging music...but unless you're getting out the boat.."I think I will only get out once more for perch with some friends then it's whitefish and trout and maybe a walleye or 2". Ice doesn't look too promising further up the lake for the next while.

Great report and video Terry :thumbsup_anim:

You weren't kidding when you said

Perch heaven B) Were you using 1" black shad on the jig to get those??

Leechman

I meant when I put the transducer in the hole

and yes some were on the 1" gulp the rest were on a white rapala ice jig

I was out there yesterday in 31 fow. Solid action all day but the great majority were what I began to refer to as Simcoe 7's.:( Must have caught over 200 of them with no keepers. :angry:

They weren't too picky on what they hit. My best bait with the highest hooking percentage was a small Northland forage minnow tipped with small mealworms. A small orange & yellow rapala ice jig tipped with a Atlas red egg on the treble also was good.

Also caught a 16" herring on the rapala ice jig which quickly was released.

Rick