Apsley area Ice? - Jack's Lake.....

jat

Has anyone gone out on Jack's lake yet? I've never been before and wanted to try for some crappie but don't have a sled - any decent spots within walking distance and any hot baits right now. Thanks

Edited by jat

My buddy owns Jack Lake trailer park and I was talking to him a week or so ago and he said there were guys walking across it so I'm going to say that it is safe for walking. As for crappies......I know in the summer we fish for them fairly close to the trailer park. If you're facing the park from the ice you'll see a small canal about 100m or so to your left (left of the only cottage there).....head down the canal maybe 50m or so and try a pink micro tube......that's what we use in the summer.

hope this helps.

Colin

Edited by ckrb2007

thanks

My buddy owns Jack Lake trailer park and I was talking to him a week or so ago and he said there were guys walking across it so I'm going to say that it is safe for walking. As for crappies......I know in the summer we fish for them fairly close to the trailer park. If you're facing the park from the ice you'll see a small canal about 100m or so to your left (left of the only cottage there).....head down the canal maybe 50m or so and try a pink micro tube......that's what we use in the summer.

hope this helps.

Colin