SIMPLY THE BEST!

limeyangler

Hi all,

It wasn't planned but took my boy (21months old) ice fishing today for the first time. HE LOVED IT! He was fascinated by the ice auger drilling holes, loves riding with dad on the "snowmean"...he cant quite say snowmachine. His little hands resting on my thigh while he's perched at the front to hold on is sooooo cooooool, 2 buddies out for a ride!

We went and checked out my buddy Lew's shack which he drove out boxing day, Jack thought that was awesome, he loved the little hatches for the ice holes.

We only stayed for one hour, and fished for a total of 20 minutes and caught nothing...who cares :thumbsup_anim: , but nap time was fast approaching (for Jack) and lunch, although i had brought it with us was not gonna happen out there...he was way to excited to eat.

He cried a lot on the way home, partly because he was tired but also....in his own words ...."LAKE AGAIN....LAKE, SNOWMEAN AGAIN"!!! He did not want to leave!

Will have to get Mum to join us in the shack which is situated right over a prime walleye spot.

Here are some pics from this afternoon. I'll never forget today....ever!!!!

IMG_1718.jpg

IMG_1720.jpg

IMG_1721.jpg

IMG_1722.jpg

IMG_1723.jpg

IMG_1724.jpg

IMG_1725.jpg

IMG_1726.jpg

IMG_1727.jpg

IMG_1728.jpg

IMG_1729.jpg

IMG_1730.jpg

IMG_1732.jpg

IMG_1733.jpg

IMG_1734.jpg

IMG_1735.jpg

Awesome Simon B):thumbsup_anim:

Those are the greatest times of all :worthy::Gonefishing:

Little Jack is a natural B) and some day, will be kicking your butt :whistling: I can guaranty it :lol:

My daughter and I had a similar time today.... got out to a new lake, met some good local people and got a skunking B)

But was the greatest couple of hours spent on the hard stuff and round 2 is coming up soon ;)

Thanks for sharing those precious moments with us!!!

Jacques

Thanks for the replies gang...i am one proud daddy today, his poor feet were frozen solid when i took his so called -30 boots off when we got home, he did not complain about that once...will have to be careful next time...especially since he was having so much fun he blocked out the pain of frozen digits!

He looks like a natural ! Congrats.... treasure it while it lasts... one day it "ain't cool" hanging out with your dad...

and sooner or later,, it's cool again.

waiting in between is the tough part.... and that's what FISHING BUDDIES are for ;)

Yup...your insights ring true, thats exactly how i was!

Looks like the luckiest kid in the world to me. Great pictures

Dad feels luckier at the moment. But yeah, this is exactly what we moved here from England for.

DANG simon.. I ALMOST wanna have another one ! lol

:w00t::o:blink::good:

The day will be etched in your mind for ever... I can still remember vividly slapping a life jacket on our son, 25 years ago, and tying him to a tree in Kelso park in Milton to fish the reservoir.

It certainly was a great day(hour)

good stuff

and in years to come they will be great memories

Yup, treasures for sure.

A milestone day for sure. Great to see Simon! :clapping:

Seemed like forever coming !

Thats Great!!!! I am about a year away from this. :thumbsup_anim:

Its great at this age eh?

Awesome Simon B):thumbsup_anim:

Those are the greatest times of all :worthy::Gonefishing:

Little Jack is a natural B) and some day, will be kicking your butt :whistling: I can guaranty it :lol:

My daughter and I had a similar time today.... got out to a new lake, met some good local people and got a skunking B)

But was the greatest couple of hours spent on the hard stuff and round 2 is coming up soon ;)

Thanks for sharing those precious moments with us!!!

Jacques

Did you get any pics Jacques? Sure you'll get into them next time.

oh man not even two years old and already figured out how to use the fish finder.

puts me to shame.

anyways thanks for sharing.

todd

He was absolutely fascinated by the fishfinder, gonna have to get a cheap cuda for him to mess with.

Now your fun begins.

Enjoy.

:thumbsup_anim:

Yah....its a rollercoaster ride being a dad for sure....LOVE IT!

This one looks like a,Yes byes,they be bite,n soon.Laughter.

IMG_1726.jpg

Thanks for Sharing Simon. :clapping:

Brian....that is my favourite pic too....he just looks so into the whole thing, it totally looks like he's sharing a joke with the boys, what he was actually smiling at was another snowmachine whizzing by.

very cool. Being the father of 3 girls, I don't quite have the same enthusiam over here. Unfortunately for my kids it is a punishment when they misbehave. "If you don't smarten up you will go fishing with your dad." I have already had a few of those this year where there is an angry daughter in the back of the boat. I really don't mind their punishment, gets me out on the water. lol