Flying Wild Alaska

blaque

So...........yet another discovery reality series is about to air the beginning of january and i cant wait LOL

Im sure most of you discovery channel buffs have already seen the previews. This one looks to be a bit less staged but who ever knows.

It looks like its going to grab me once im in to the first episode. I dont need any other channels besides discovery and my hockey feeds lol. Maybe the history channel so i can catch Pawn Stars.

Irish, you should get a kick out of this latest series starting next week.

I can now add to my list of shows:

Pawn Stars

Pickers

Deadliest Catch

American Choppers

Ice Road Truckers ("bunch of wimps" lol)

And now

Flying Wild Alaska

American Choppers... really? :wallbash:

Pawn Stars and Ice Road Truckers though are pretty addictive.

Yup........sorry, What can i say.

Also forgot to mention Gold Rush which i just caught an episode of last night and it should be pretty entertaining.

On the bill tonite however will be watching the Sabres lose again out west.

You leafs fans better keep your head up...........your about to see a big Buffalo falling down the ladder right at you

you need to chek out GOLD RUSH ALASKA!

Ya i mentioned them late in the thread. Saw part of an episode the other day and it looked pretty good.

"Your all millionaires......only thing is ya gotta get it outta the ground"

Swamp loggers is ok at times also

Oh and buffalo beat edmonton last night.....we can now go on another 4 game skid

LOVE the gretzky era oiler jerseys they had on last night, i dont get to see edmonton too often so i dunno if they brought them back for good or if it is one of their alternate jerseys

HOLY MOLY, JUST WATCHING EXTREME COUPONING

spend 1175.00 minus coupons 6 bucks

spend 600.00 minus coupons $2.50

now thats coupon shopping!

Funny you mentioning this show....my gf was just watching it and I sat down and watched first few minutes of it.

People like that make people like me feel normal again hahaa....lady had enough toilet paper stashed up for the next 30 or 40 years.

Funny she was telling her husband that he needs to move his tv out of the room so she can put some more crap in it hahah.

After 5 minutes i left...couldn't really handle it.

So...........yet another discovery reality series is about to air the beginning of january and i cant wait LOL

Im sure most of you discovery channel buffs have already seen the previews. This one looks to be a bit less staged but who ever knows.

It looks like its going to grab me once im in to the first episode. I dont need any other channels besides discovery and my hockey feeds lol. Maybe the history channel so i can catch Pawn Stars.

Irish, you should get a kick out of this latest series starting next week.

I can now add to my list of shows:

Pawn Stars

Pickers

Deadliest Catch

American Choppers

Ice Road Truckers ("bunch of wimps" lol)

And now

Flying Wild Alaska

If you get a chance check out River Monsters. Its pretty much the only fishing show i watch these days.

If you get a chance check out River Monsters. Its pretty much the only fishing show i watch these days.

Yep , another good one.

However.........anyone see the one where he was intentionally lining salmon. He actually described how he was trying to hook the fish by lining them. Found that peculiar.

He only ended up hooking one fish and had it stolen by a brown bear after beaching it.

Yep , another good one.

However.........anyone see the one where he was intentionally lining salmon. He actually described how he was trying to hook the fish by lining them. Found that peculiar.

He only ended up hooking one fish and had it stolen by a brown bear after beaching it.

Lining is an accepted practice when fishing for sockeye salmon in Alaska (probably other places too) as they are plankton eaters and do not readily take bait,lure or fly like the other 4 species of pacific salmon do. Personally I don't like it but it is accepted. :unsure:

Lining is an accepted practice when fishing for sockeye salmon in Alaska (probably other places too) as they are plankton eaters and do not readily take bait,lure or fly like the other 4 species of pacific salmon do. Personally I don't like it but it is accepted. :unsure:

Interesting........i almost figured that had to be the case.

Thanks for clarifying.

He also had a monster of a pistol with him (well his chaperone did) that fired a bullet in the air to fend off the brown bears that were lurking.

Interesting........i almost figured that had to be the case.

Thanks for clarifying.

He also had a monster of a pistol with him (well his chaperone did) that fired a bullet in the air to fend off the brown bears that were lurking.

There's nothing spookier than running into a 1000# brownie face to face at close quarters. :w00t:

It's pretty exhilarating when the fear wears off though.

Don't ask me how I know this. :whistling: