the 3L mighty Molson beer bottle

GBW

Hey all.

I hope everyone had a good Christmas.

I was wondering if anyone knows where I can get one of these 2010 Vancouver Olympics 3L Molson Canadian bottles.

slide_5158_71095_large.jpg?

The reason I ask is my father-in-law got me one with some pic's at a silent auction. it was his special Christmas gift to me. Well, I packed it in the van thinking there is no way 3L of beer would freeze and the damn thing blew up like a grenade. So now I need to find one to complete the gift once again. BTW, it was full of water I discovered as I cleaned up my wife's van... Any info either here or PM would be great, thanks!

Geoff

Edited by GBW

Hey all.

I hope everyone had a good Christmas.

I was wondering if anyone knows where I can get one of these 2010 Vancouver Olympics 3L Molson Canadian bottles.

slide_5158_71095_large.jpg?

The reason I ask is my father-in-law got me one with some pic's at a silent auction. it was his special Christmas gift to me. Well, I packed it in the van thinking there is no way 3L of beer would freeze and the damn thing blew up like a grenade. So now I need to find one to complete the gift once again. BTW, it was full of water I discovered as I cleaned up my wife's van... Any info either here or PM would be great, thanks!

Geoff

That was probobly a one off thing Molson did for promotion of the gold medal win hense why you father-in-law got it at an auction.

To Quote Peter Nowlan (Geoff Molson signed them)

"We wanted to create a signature Canadian tribute to recognize these athletes' amazing achievements,” said Molson Coors CMO Peter Nowlan. "We borrowed this tradition from global sporting events like Formula 1, but Canadianized it to immortalize this special moment for both our athletes and our country."

Don’t bother trying to buy one to fancy up your Friday night–Victory bottles aren’t for sale. All you have to do to get one, though, is win an Olympic medal.

http://markettingblog.blogspot.com/2010/02/molson-canadian-thanks-canadian.html

Edited by irishfield

• 1 month later...

Hi Geoff, just read your post, I'm a packaging engineer at Molson in Toronto and worked on the 3L bottle project, get in touch with me and we'll try to get you another one:

Sebastien

If this is legit, the man is gonna have a TON of emails in his box Monday maorning.

Sebastien, YOU ARE AMAZING!!! I'll shoot you an email soon.

I have to say a HUGE THANKS to Sebastien!!!! We have been going back and forth via email and Sebastien managed to track one down for me!!!! It's going to be shipped to me too as I don't have a way to get there while they are open. Talk about great customer service!! Thanks again Sebastien and team!!!!!!

Geoff

@molsoncoors.com Your customer service has been amazing! Thank you Sebastien, Fergie & Carole!!!! I cannot belive you are sending me a replacement 3L Victory Bottle for the one that I got as a gift and it broke. And to top it all of, it will be delivered today before 2:00PM. Talk about making my day!!!