I'm gonna spend an hour on the ice with Dion Phaneuf

danc

OK. Here's the story. I'm still working in Red Lake. Been here since last February more or less. As usual, I phone Sis (Nita, my better half) tonight. She asks me if I entered a contest through Dewalt power tools. "Ummmm... not that I can recall" I tell her. And I ask her why? She says that Purolator delivered a package today that said that I am "potentially" the grand prize winner of an hour on the ice with Dion at the ACC, tickets to a game, flight, hotel, autographed jersey, etc. ect... Then it rings a bell. Yes I did enter such a contest on line a while back. Now the word "potentially" scares me a bit. But the package apparently came with all kinds of forms and legal crap, witness signatures forms, and a skill testing question. It also came with a Purolator pre paid return envelope to send everything back in. I should also mention that there were two grand prize winners. One with a skate with Phaneuf, and one with a skate with Luke Schenn. My package mentions nothing about a skate with Schenn. I think the "potential" is only if I answer the grade two math question correctly and fill all the forms out. Legal stuff. Sooooo..... DAMN!!!! I'm thinking I won this thing. I hate to let the cat out of the bag if it isn't so, but I just had to share this with someone. I'd absolutely hate to have to retract this news later.

So,anyone want me to take out Phaneuf,s left eyeball during our skate??? :sarcasm::whistling::clapping::thumbsup_anim:

I'd stay in Red Lake Bud.... it's friggin wet and bone chilling down here..

Hope you win.. be a good change of scenery for sure!!

Wayne, today wasn't bad, yesterday was tho..

Good luck DanC! Just don't fall down and kick his leg...

I know all too well Geoff.. 5pm yesterday I walked from hospital to Yonge.. all the way down to Front and back up 'till two blocks North of Carlton finally finding Jen a MR SUB.. then back to the hospital only to watch her barely touch it. I'm still shaking today...

I'd stay in Red Lake Bud.... it's friggin wet and bone chilling down here..

Hope you win.. be a good change of scenery for sure!!

It was -37C here yesterday morning Wayne. I never thought that -25C (this mornings temp) could feel so warm.

It was -37C here yesterday morning Wayne. I never thought that -25C (this mornings temp) could feel so warm.

Tell me about it!!! After a week of -40 I'm outside in a tee shirt when it warms up into the -20's. :lol:

It you think -37 was cold you should try -50!!!! It's like walking through liquid nitrogen!!!! :w00t:

I'd prefer that I think Dan to the wet bone chilling crap down here. Always something about the streets (wind tunnels) of Toronto and the "pollution dome" enhansed dampness of the streets/sewer grates/subway etc steaming the streets.

BINGO! It's the crap that comes up from below that makes it worse.

Sorry to HJ the thread DanC...

Tell me about it!!! After a week of -40 I'm outside in a tee shirt when it warms up into the -20's. :lol:

It you think -37 was cold you should try -50!!!! It's like walking through liquid nitrogen!!!! :w00t:

Been there and in colder temps than -50 Dave. I've worked all over Northwestern Ontario at all times of the year. The James/Hudson Bay areas aren't exactly tropical in January. Did I mention that I'm going for a skate with Phaneuf, I think?? :rolleyes:

I'm with Terry, more tools please. :D

Besides who the hell is Dion Phaneuf?

But congrats to you Dan. I never win anything.... :(

This is Dion Phaneuf. Maybe one day he'll play like this for the Leafs.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qOFxmCUERc?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qOFxmCUERc?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qOFxmCUERc?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIeLFgJ64UU?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIeLFgJ64UU?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIeLFgJ64UU?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Been there and in colder temps than -50 Dave. I've worked all over Northwestern Ontario at all times of the year. The James/Hudson Bay areas aren't exactly tropical in January. Did I mention that I'm going for a skate with Phaneuf, I think?? :rolleyes:

Make sure to take lots of video and pics!!!! :D

And maybe invite him ice fishing!!! :good::good:

Ummm, just watched the highlight reels posted here and I'm 99% sure that my better half is going to get his butt severely kicked. :jerry::stretcher: LOL

Just kidding, I'm sure he will have to play nice due to contracts, insurance etc ;)