Looking for Camo netting...

Gerritt

Well one of the girlfriends kids is right into Call Of Duty etc... and seems to have an affinity towards war games etc.. We are doing up the kids rooms one by one.. He asked to have his room done in Camo... Ughhh... :( very difficult and time consuming to paint.. so I thought Maybe paint the room Tan in colour (Or a different colour)

and Hang Camo netting off a wall or two.. I have tried googling local Army surplus stores in Hamilton and placed a few calls.. but it seems our Army surplus stores no longer carry military products.. instead they are selling junk electronics and bulk batteries..

Anyone have a lead on a place somewhat local to Hamilton +/- 50kms that might have this item?

Thanks in advance folks!

G

I know for a fact that the Army Surplus down the road from me has some. It's the dark colour. I forget the size. I think it's around $40.00 I'd have to check. I thought about using it on my boat as a blind for duck hunting, but it didn't look like it would hold up. For a room though it would be great. I think it's a great idea, just glad it's not my room.

Thanks for the reply guys! I appreciate it. It seems this stuff is difficult to obtain, and is not cheap. :wallbash: :wallbash:

But at the end of the day I hope it will be cheaper then taking 3 weeks to paint a room!

Scott, if possible could you take a look at you're local store grab a price and size? I would appreciate it, if you have the time..

Perhaps it might be easier to talk him out of it... but dang his heart is set on it.. and i hate to disappoint.

G

Why not go to a fabrics store and pick up some sort of cheap course woven material, maybe even burlap (I don't know the costs)? Then sketch out a camo design on it and have the kid spray paint it to fill in the sketching? There’s water based spray paints, so you won’t have to worry about poisoning the kid. LOL

Should be fairly easy and you can get him involved in doing the project.

I understand it’s not netting; possibly a compromise; but then again you could cut out the holes to make it netting?

Dan.

I wouldn't think it would be that hard to do camo

paint the wall a solid colour

then make up a few stencils of camo shapes and roller them in 2 different colours

could do one wall camo the other 3 in the base colour and add a few murals of tanks and submachine guns and bobs your uncle

4508sw225.gif

I'll check it out tomorrow for you Gerritt. Seeing Terry's picture gave me an idea as well. Do an olive colour base. Then get some different colour paint balls and have at it!!! Just don't tell the girlfriend your plans.

YA WANT THE KID TO HAVE FUN AND ENJOY HIS NEW ROOM, DO LIKE SAID,PAINT OLIVE GREEN,THEN BUY A PAINT BALL GUN AND LET HIM HAVE AT IT.

I can see the smile on his face now. Yer COOL, G. :thumbsup_anim::clapping::clapping:

The real big surplus stores are all gone. Toronto used to have Hercules. In Simcoe there used to be a huge surplus outlet.

The forest netting is not in heavy use right now, so not much will be sold off as expired. Everything in heavy use is the desert tan, but they won't be shipping any of that back to Canada.

When I painted up my duck boat I used a pine branch and 3 different colour spray paints and it turned out awesome. I thought hey, that pattern would look super cool in the basement. Mentioned it to the Queen bee, her repsonse was bright pink would look nice in the master bdrm too.

An idea anyways Gerrit.

Fabricland has several colours, patterns and materials to choose from. I bought about 15 yrds of the base green camo pattern for making ground blinds and it was pretty cheap

Yep, worth checking out Fabricland on Kenilworth Gerritt, I've seen it there and probably the best prices you'll find in the city.