LED v LCD v Plasma

siwash

no idea about LED but btwn LCD and Plasma it'd be LCD for me.

If you get a LCD make SURE you get at least a 120 Hz.....this is a MUST if you watch any sports...it's the refresher rate of the pizels....the 60 Hz refresher rates SUCK for sports......240 Hz is even better but expensive and really not needed.

Bob

LCD. Most human eyes cannot tell the diff between led lcd and plasma so go for the economics.LED is a newer technology there fore more expensive.The image creating surface of LCD consumes less power than plasma,LCD displays last up to 60,000 hrs while most plasmas last up to ,20,000 hours.

1080i or p. All HD TV programs are broadcast in 1080i. The only true source of 1080p are some video games and Blu-Ray dvd's. LCD's are cheaper than Plasma for similar size TV's.

I have a 47in LCD in my living room, and a 56in rear screen LCD projection in my Theater room, and they both give excellent crisp high resolution images.

But the best way to choose is go to a showroom and look at them side x side. Make your own choice and don't listen too much to the salesman.Best Buy is a good place to get info. The salesmen aren't on commission and are usually willing to take time to show you around.

If you get a LCD make SURE you get at least a 120 Hz.....this is a MUST if you watch any sports...it's the refresher rate of the pizels....the 60 Hz refresher rates SUCK for sports......240 Hz is even better but expensive and really not needed.

Bob

BB, if you put 3 sets side x side, you'd be hard pressed to tell which one is which.The human eye is not sensitive enough to distinguish the kinds of differances that each produces. I watch hockey and soccer on my LCDs at 60hz and its great.Our eyes and brains have been watching 60hz since the dawn of time, and are adapted to accept the images produced.And our eyes get worse as we age,so if your not a spring chickenwhistling.gif whe waste the money on 120 or 240 hz

IMHO that is.

Great info guys! I have heard the same about the 120hz over the 60

soemoe posted about natural light.. what about it?

My condo faces east so less light in the afternoon or eve when I will watch most of my tv.. in fact I am not home all day so not much natural light time!!

thanks!!

My condo faces east so less light in the afternoon or eve when I will watch most of my tv.. in fact I am not home all day so not much natural light time!!

thanks!!

BB, if you put 3 sets side x side, you'd be hard pressed to tell which one is which.The human eye is not sensitive enough to distinguish the kinds of differances that each produces. I watch hockey and soccer on my LCDs at 60hz and its great.Our eyes and brains have been watching 60hz since the dawn of time, and are adapted to accept the images produced.And our eyes get worse as we age,so if your not a spring chickenwhistling.gif whe waste the money on 120 or 240 hz

IMHO that is.

Have to disagree on this......I have 2 that are 60Hz and they suck on fast movements.......want a good easy test.....put a 60 Hz TV on ESPN News and watch the bottom line that is moving....the letters will be a little fuzzy compared to letters (type) that are not moving..not so on a 120 Hz TV....

Have to disagree on this......I have 2 that are 60Hz and they suck on fast movements.......want a good easy test.....put a 60 Hz TV on ESPN News and watch the bottom line that is moving....the letters will be a little fuzzy compared to letters (type) that are not moving..not so on a 120 Hz TV....

then we should change your name to hawkeye !!!!dry.gif

i betcha thats not all thats fuzzy xoxoxo

thanks!!

plasma screens are normally made of glass or another reflective material while lcd and led are usually plastic no reflective material. Less glare in hi lite situations.

I did a lot of research and in store comparisons of TV's before I bought my new set last month. I watch a lot of sports including a ton of racing and I brought a DVD of one of the races with me to the store so I could compare the different units.

Even with 120 hz refresh rate LCD's I could see motion blur. I even noticed it on some of the 240 hz units. I did have reservations about glare on a plasma but I just thought I would close the blinds. Between this and the special coating the plasma unit I bought has on it's screen it is a non issue. I spent my $$$ on a good quality plasma and I'm happy I did.

I ended up with This Panasonic Viera TC-P50G20 50' plasma. After a month of viewing I can recomend it. :thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim: