56 lbs St.lawrence musky

tonka-toy

With him gone this will give another smaller fish a chance to get bigger.

Unfortunately this is a common misconception. Removal of large fish does not guarantee smaller fish will take their place. Just as in people, genetics play a significant role in determining the size a fish can grow to. Some fish can grow to trophy stature while others just never will.

It's a beauty fish and as for keeping it, well... I'm sure there will be many differing opinions on this.

Guest gbfisher

bob_walters_musky_59_026.jpg

Better picture eh. Right close to the body. That other guy in the other picture could be the size of Roy eh.... :tease::rofl2:

:D

Edited by gbfisher

Who knows if it would see another spawn Damn big fish I'd have problems putting it back with all the skeptics out there.

Well, thats the thing isnt it? Personally I could not care any less what other people would think or believe,and find this a poor excuse to keep a fish. You want it on your wall or want to eat it for some strange reason, that is your business. Imho, these are more acceptable reasons to keep it than to say "but no-one would believe me....sniff". Besides, not much amuses me more than seeing all the rabid infighting and accusations that usually accompany these type of monster fish announcements....

Guest gbfisher

another cheap shot.

:rolleyes::dunno:

Don't get me wrong It's a Big Fish! I'm just wonding if they might have put pants on it when they measured. :rofl2:

Just havin some fun Matt...I sure don't catch em that big. :huh:

Last dead giant I saw had an attempt at measuring it..

IMG_0063.jpg

IMG_0064.jpg

IMG_0061.jpg

I'm thinking maybe VHS had something to do with this one. We shot some Carp down there that looked the same color and were dieing. I said the same thing to someone once but those Historians don't wanna listen eh.. :rolleyes:

IMG_0065.jpg

Edited by gbfisher

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

perhaps it was hooked bad and wouldn't have survived anyways! would you guys jumping all over this put back a fish that seemed to be mortally wounded?

also, fish of that age and size are often beyond their years of prime reproduction, often devoting their precious energy to maintaining their mass as opposed to egg production.

give the guy a break! jealousy is an ugly trait.

Edited by Dr. Salvelinus

I once spent 30 minutes in COLD waist deep Fall water, trying to release a 50" and was unsuccessful :stretcher: , it ended up being smoked table fare and was disgusting.. I was not gonna let her go to waste , try as I might to consume more .. but, about 6Lbs of Muskie Meat ended up in the trash. :wallbash:

Muskie-1.jpg

Stuff like this happens all the time..It's not like clubbing Baby Seals or anything like it. :w00t:

Randy

:canadian:

Guest gbfisher

I once spent 30 minutes in COLD waist deep Fall water, trying to release a 50" and was unsuccessful :stretcher: , it ended up being smoked table fare and was disgusting.. I was not gonna let her go to waste , try as I might to consume more .. but, about 6Lbs of Muskie Meat ended up in the trash. :wallbash:

Muskie-1.jpg

Stuff like this happens all the time..It's not like clubbing Baby Seals or anything like it. :w00t:

Randy

Fish like the one in your picture Randy get eaten all the time. Maybe it was something in the way you smoked it because there'd be none left if everyone knew what they taste like. :)

Fish like the one in your picture Randy get eaten all the time. Maybe it was something in the way you smoked it because there'd be none left if everyone knew what they taste like. :)

My wife's Granddad smoked her in an Applewood mix and some sort of Maple brine...CRAZY Sweet/Salty it wasn't good at all..

But... on another occasion I put it on a Cedar Plank on the BBQ with some Lemon/Garlic/Dill and was FANTASTIC!!

I used to work at a lodge on the upper French and have cleaned and eaten many o' Muskie... It breaks my heart every time.

Randy