The ole baseball arm still works

lew

This mornings heavy rain turned to snow around 9:30 and by noon it was snowing so hard it blocked off the signal to my satellite dish.

The snow ended around 3:00 after dumping 4" of heavy wet snow but I still had no TV signal, so I went outside to look at the dish and sure enuff, it was covered in a heavy layer of snow.

No way did I feel like climbing up onto the roof with all that snow, but I figured maybe a well placed snowball may fix the problem. I went onto the back deck which is about 20' from the dish and started throwing snowballs at it and darned if one of them didn't hit the dish square on and all the snow slid off. I came into the house for a look and sure as shootin the TV was working perfectly.

Luv it when a plan comes together :thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim:

just a suggestion:

If you can ever get your hands on one of those old stainless steel fire extinguishers you used to see in schools and such that were filled with water.

They can be filled with warm water and pressurized with an air compressor, they shot about 40 feet. Simple method of cleaning the dish.

This mornings heavy rain turned to snow around 9:30 and by noon it was snowing so hard it blocked off the signal to my satellite dish.

The snow ended around 3:00 after dumping 4" of heavy wet snow but I still had no TV signal, so I went outside to look at the dish and sure enuff, it was covered in a heavy layer of snow.

No way did I feel like climbing up onto the roof with all that snow, but I figured maybe a well placed snowball may fix the problem. I went onto the back deck which is about 20' from the dish and started throwing snowballs at it and darned if one of them didn't hit the dish square on and all the snow slid off. I came into the house for a look and sure as shootin the TV was working perfectly.

Luv it when a plan comes together :thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim:

Good money to be made as a part time satellite TV repair dude during Canadian winters yanno....no tools needed.

That's how I removed some very large icicles from the second story of the house. Lot of weight there and starting to pull down the spouting. A few somewhat well-placed snowballs and all that stuff came crashing down. Being a pitcher in the younger days still pays off.

Of course, those that missed made an aweful bang inside the house. Patsy comes running out to what what the heck I'm doing. :whistling:

Edited by Rich Clemens

Hey Lew,

you got to take care of that "fishin" arm!

Next time you are in a dollar store or similar, pick up one of those Super Soaker squirt guns the kids use. Fill it full of Windshield washer fluid and you are good to go. Works for icicles etc as well.

The real bonus is that you get to use it in the summer too!!!!

I never wanna grow up!!

FT

I'm with you Lew, lost our satellite signal also. I just climbed up the tower about 25' and cleaned it off with a snowbrush.

I will be moving the dish next summer to a better location anyway. The cedar trees have grown way too big and have started to interfere in a heavy wind.

I liked the idea of snowballs though, better than a possible fall.

Tom.