Caledonia Dam

Court R

Mike, you can repeat that message till the cows come home. Some people will never ever read the regulations. A few others will read them and never abide by them and yet others will try to read them but will always claim ignorance.

There's fish ladders on either side of that dam. It's illegal to fish within 75' of it. It's right in the reg's yet everyone does it.

People have been charged there before although obviously it seems to be accepted practice and a blind eye is turned.

Yup - there area signs all over the place and in fairness when I was there everyone was fishing well away from the dam (me included!)

Mike, you can repeat that message till the cows come home. Some people will never ever read the regulations. A few others will read them and never abide by them and yet others will try to read them but will always claim ignorance.

Just asked for a report, didn't say I would be fishing right at the dam.

Maybe 4 miles, you do it for the conservation part of it, or the 'hunt' for those steelies, I for one love it, fall winter and spring, and I never break a law, its really quite easy not to.

if the trout is stupid , why fish for it and break the law to do it.... well those breaking the law fishing at the dam are stupid too.

Sorry Court I guess I assumed you were asking about fishing right at the dam.

Most guys down there do.

My apologies.

Laszlo is right too. If it's steelhead you're after there's way better fishing in other areas especially a bit further downstream.

No problem,just was thinking of trying something differant, been fishing the US tribes the last few weeks.

Hey Court R,

I have not had any luck at the dam area but have had really good luck and consistency up stream towards Brantford.

Been out 4 or 5 times in that area and likely averaging two fish an outting. Rapalas, husky jerks and spoons.

Chad

hey chad i lost my cell phone 2 weeks after talking to you, send me a pm i'll give you my home num bud

Maybe 4 miles, you do it for the conservation part of it, or the 'hunt' for those steelies, I for one love it, fall winter and spring, and I never break a law, its really quite easy not to.

if the trout is stupid , why fish for it and break the law to do it.... well those breaking the law fishing at the dam are stupid too.

You don't have to fish within 75M of the dam to be in an accessible shore fishing area in Caledonia. Therefore, nobody needs to break any laws, or waste time 'hunting' steelhead.

I don't fish steelhead really at all anymore. I have a real problem with tromping through fish nests to disturb a natural migration of fish. I for one, think it's ridiculous guys can walk across trout eggs all season but heaven forbid a guy catch and release a bass in April.

BTW fishing at Caledonia is very slow this year. Early runs put fish way upstream. Good reports even further than Brantford from some people this year.