Asked to watch my buddies place on three mile lake in muskoka

cityfisher

Hey all,

my buddies leaving the country for the next 6 months and asked me to watch his place on three mile lake in muskoka(west of utterson)

How is the icefishing on the area lakes? three mile? skeleton?

Are there any ATV trails in the area? How about snowmobile trails for the winter time?

Thanks all !

3 mile is a pretty solid walleye/bass lake....but doesn't have a history of being productive through the ice. If you're out there all the time, you will stumble across the right day/time and manage a few 'eyes. Otherwise the perch are pretty cooperative.

Skeleton doesn't get the attention it used to....so it's either back to good fishing and people are keeping quiet about it...or it's still slow.

Rosseau is right down the road from 3 Mile, and has great fishing for trout....you can walk out from a number of spots...the closest being the Windermere House.

My parents live up there for 6 months of the year, and I "keep an eye" on the place in the winter as well...usually Rosseau gets most of my attention when I'm up there on the ice

3 mile is a pretty solid walleye/bass lake....but doesn't have a history of being productive through the ice. If you're out there all the time, you will stumble across the right day/time and manage a few 'eyes. Otherwise the perch are pretty cooperative.

Skeleton doesn't get the attention it used to....so it's either back to good fishing and people are keeping quiet about it...or it's still slow.

Rosseau is right down the road from 3 Mile, and has great fishing for trout....you can walk out from a number of spots...the closest being the Windermere House.

My parents live up there for 6 months of the year, and I "keep an eye" on the place in the winter as well...usually Rosseau gets most of my attention when I'm up there on the ice

Thanks !!

Hey all,

my buddies leaving the country for the next 6 months and asked me to watch his place on three mile lake in muskoka(west of utterson)

How is the icefishing on the area lakes? three mile? skeleton?

Are there any ATV trails in the area? How about snowmobile trails for the winter time?

Thanks all !

My Brother-in-law lives on the lake, tons of atv and snowmobile trails in the area, right from your door.

Have ice fished it many times with some pretty good catches of perch and a few nice "eyes" Most productive place I have found through the ice is at the north end, west side. Small jigs, spoons, tipped with minnows, or small piece of worm, small twister tails.Best results I've had there seem pretty standard, early morning,and just before dark. Good Luck!

My Brother-in-law lives on the lake, tons of atv and snowmobile trails in the area, right from your door.

Have ice fished it many times with some pretty good catches of perch and a few nice "eyes" Most productive place I have found through the ice is at the north end, west side. Small jigs, spoons, tipped with minnows, or small piece of worm, small twister tails.Best results I've had there seem pretty standard, early morning,and just before dark. Good Luck!

Ive found the major sled trail that runs through the lake but couldnt find a source of any ATV trails. Next time im up there ill do a drive around and see if i can find any.

Thanks !