Karma... it is a three way street correct?

irishfield

Not sure why she's in a sick kids advert.... she's in the gutsy walk advert for sure for Crohn's, but no idea why she's in a Sick kids advert considering she hasn't been there since she was 18.

Edited by irishfield

I know what you're talking about now... girl that turns her leg upside down sitting in the wheel chair. That's not Jen.. but suspect that whom ever it is she has had a similar hemipelvectomy and had seen Jen's youtube videos from about 2 years prior. Certainly hope she's still smiling!

Edited by irishfield

Wayne, I know that your family 's story has helped myself, and numerous others, understand and cope with the ordeal that is cancer.

I realize this is small consolation for the loss of your daughter, but from my house to yours, thank you

Jen's courage, your and Leah's strength have been a huge source of inspiration to both Sue and I in dealing with our daughters cancer. This thread may eventually; as you put it "drift off into history" but the help it has provided others will remain in our hearts for as long as we live!

Wayne, we have never met and I have never even shared a post with you before, but I followed every inch of the journey that you posted on here. Every time I logged in and saw that your post had new messages on it, I held my breath when I opened it to hopefully read that you were sharing good news for your and your family. Often you were, and then would come news of a setback that you Leah and Jen seemed to handle time and again with incredible courage and optimism. I don't think I have ever been as affected by reading of the highs and lows of the struggles of someone else as I was with yours and I applaud your family and your courage for allowing us to travel this road with you and gain some little insight into a truly remarkable young lady.

I know what you're talking about now... girl that turns her leg upside down sitting in the wheel chair. That's not Jen.. but suspect that whom ever it is she has had a similar hemipelvectomy and had seen Jen's youtube videos from about 2 years prior. Certainly hope she's still smiling!

Ok, that clears that up.. and yes let's hope..

Wayne,getting out with a few of your best friends must feel great. I will not say I know what you went through.But I do know if one of mine I would be the same as you..You and your wife ,following what you went through,you both are the best of the best. Thanks for letting us follow your journey sir. I know the memories will never stop,but great friends and family support,what else is there .Thank You,and all the best to you and yours sincerely.

Dave.

Edited by davey buoy

Dave I said it elsewhere... but during Jen's birthday week (11 days actually) I was hanging with a great group of friends. They understood my mental state, let me do my own thing and accommodated my every foot step. I'm sure it wasn't easy for them, but they took it in stride like true friends do. Even let me stay in bed on Tuesday, past Lloyd oclock, after 4 nights of minimal sleep and I just wasn't up for a full day on the lake. They did their thing and I did mine, mine being getting up late and then running to town a few times to get some summer items shuttled out to the island from my enclosed trailer to make life easier for Leah and I this summer.

• 4 weeks later...

Well for one final entry on this thread, I've confirmed the old saying that the only guarantees in life are death and taxes. I have hopefully filed Jen's last tax return and will be able to get a clearance certificate in due time after the assessment notice comes back. Sent Trudeau and Wynne another $13,000 and change on Jen's behalf, despite her disability credit and medical expenses.

Oh well, it is what it is and we keep putting one foot in front of the other. Thanks for hanging in there with us for 5.5 years.

Edited by irishfield

Yes Wayne, the only guarantees in life are death and taxes. What is not guaranteed is having an incredible set of parents. Jen was very blessed to have that and she led an incredible life and was a true inspiration (and continues to be) to so many of us.

Rest in Peace Jen.

That royally sucks Wayne!! Such is life. Death and taxes. I mention Jen to a couple of people I know battling cancer. Climbing the stairs to the top of the CN tower with no hip took a huge amount of bravery and intestinal fortitude. That is how it has to be fought. She inspired me through my own battle, I thought I had it bad, nope, this young girl had it worse and did not let it slow her down. As far as this kid is concerned, Jen is a true Canadian hero.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

Just killing myself by browsing back through this, about 8 hours before Jen would turn 35 at 8 in the AM. Thanks to all for keeping me sane for almost 10 years and the same group of great guys I had up at my camp last week for allowing me to do my own thing each day ...while my brain continues to keep me awake a night!

jenwineglass.jpg

• Like 10

10 hours ago, GBW said:

It's scary how often I speak of Jen to this day.  She was and still IS a HERO to many!  

I was thinking the same. Everyone who knows me has heard me speak of Jen more then once.  Sorry your time with her was cut short but you had a special young lady there Wayne. Cherish all the good memories cause I'm sure there is many.

• Like 1