Karma... it is a three way street correct?

irishfield

Simple superb! Wonderful to see you looking so great Jen. I went and picked up a DVD made by one of the trainers on the TV program "The Biggest Loser". The workout was all of 20 minutes (level 1) consisted of cardio, strength and abs. It was brutal...I had difficulty walking for the next few days...even lowering myself to sit on the potty was painful. I absolutely hate every second of it....haven't done jumping jacks since highschool....the only part I like is the "cooling down". But I'll stick to it....if you can do all that, I can certainly "feel the burn" for 20 minutes a day.

Anyhow...I just wanted to say hello and tell you how excited I am for you.

Thanks for sharing Jen's story Wayne.

I'll just give you an update on my Pops. He passed away February 18, 2012. I was by his side and I was just so relieved for him when he finally left. Two days later, he came to me in my dream and asked me to not speak about his final hour anymore. He went on to say that his life was more than that last 60 minutes. And so I will honour his request and I have much comfort knowing he is home and that I will see him again. Although I will say this...the night before he passed....he told the nurse, "I've been seeing people that I haven't seen in a long time." Then he asks the nurse "Am I still here?" (He thought he had already passed.)

Take care and God Bless

Thanks guys! .. and Nancy, not glad about the end result.. but certainly glad his suffering is over and he's moved on. Like my Mother put on my father's tombstone "There are better days ahead". Always scratched my head on that one, but now that my mother's dates and my sister's dates have been added to that very stone.. I think I have it figured out! ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Still going strong and in a forward direction!! Also went back to work last week, part time.. working her way up to full time in 7 weeks.

Vids from today.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/bRr93neCQrs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Well maybe backwards in this one! Look out Micheal... :sarcasm:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/mhh9zLnX3Dc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Edited by irishfield

It must have been absolutely heartbreaking watching your daughter lose strength while getting sick and it must be an equally fulfilling feeling watching her gain strength again.

We use our smiles to conceal our feelings and it's funny because those smiles are often a dead giveaway. It must be nice to see that your daughter's nervous smiles that were meant to comfort everyone have been replaced with smiles that have a bit of grit in them knowing that nothing will hold her back.

I imagine this is still a very frustrating process for her but at least she is on the way up. It certainly seems that the girl has the right attitude and a great support system around her.

• 3 weeks later...

9 months (and 10 days) since surgery. Check ups today with Oncologist and Surgical team. Blood and CAT scan still CLEAR ! :clapping:

The "magic cocktail" man.. Dr. Martin Blackstein - Head of Mount Sinai Oncology that took her under his wing.

jenandblackstein.jpg

Edited by irishfield

This has to go down as the most inspiring story I've heard for quite some time.

Irishfield, I know I don't have to tell you this, but your daughter is an incredibly strong woman.

Thank you for sharing your family's experiences with us (the good and the bad). Your daughter's story, spoken through your words, has probably changed more lives (for the better) than you might ever be aware of.

If I could say anything to Jen, I would reiterate Ralph Waldo Emerson's famous words:

"What lies behind you and what lies in front of you, pales in comparison to what lies inside of you"

May your future hold nothing but good Karma,

Steve

• 2 months later...

Hey guys....just got a text from Wayne...exactly one year from the date of her surgery, Jen takes a 20' stroll with NO CRUTCHES. They think it is quite possibly the first time someone has done this....ever!

Trying to embed it.....it appears to work when I'm in "edit mode"...but then disappears when I post...

[media][/media]

Well...here's at least a link to it:

Edited by johnnyb