Karma... it is a three way street correct?

irishfield

I got a text msg from Wayne and there was hope that Jenn would be out of the OR around 7PM. I'm sure the stress on everyone is keeping him from the update.

I feel a :thumbsup_anim: coming on soon (next time we hear from them).

Edited by GBW

I got a text msg from Wayne and there was hope that Jenn would be out of the OR around 7PM. I'm sure the stress on everyone is keeping him from the update.

I feel a :thumbsup_anim: coming on soon (next time we hear from them).

That is great news.... thank you for updating us.....

let's see if we can keep this topic in the top 2- 3 posts until we hear from him.. ( or he texts you that he knows we are all thinking about his daughter tonight)

Edited by splashhopper

text sent at 10:40 (or so) PM

Just out of surgery. 14.5 hours. She can curl her toes!!!

So from the sounds of it folks, keep the good thoughts and so forth coming as how I read this text, Jenn is looking up! :clapping::thumbsup_anim:

Thanks EVERYONE! Still in ICU as of 2am due to some blood pressure issues and is currently finishing up another transfusion. We're working on 3 hours sleep and have been up since 5am...so bear with me for mistakes or lack of info.

14.5 hours of surgery... 3 ortho surgeons, 2 anesthesiologists, 11 other staff of Nurses and Doctors in the room from 8am on. Wouldn't want that bill ! She's awake and alert... smiling and laughing but, that could be the morphine epideral! :D

Surgeon confident he removed all traces of tumor to clear margins. Appears to have saved her nerve line that runs her foot and also her knee. She can wiggle/curl her toes and bend her knee ! :good:

Thanks for all the positive thoughts, PM's and texts today and a big thanks to those that took time out of their day to drop into the hospital for hugs!

Edited by irishfield

That's some really positive news there Wayne and very nice to hear.

As a father I can feel what you guys are going through and I wish Jen all the best luck in the world and it sounds like she's got an excellent team of doctors & nurses looking after her.

I'll be watching this post for the next update.