Hey, I got Idea.

Tybo

I had a large white crappie replica made there a few years back. My fish was larger than the largest one they had done.. They told me they wouldn't need my actual fish to make bigger replica. They just use some method of stretching the next biggest one ,I believe, to make a bigger fish. Unless you took a fish in that was massively bigger than anything they have ever done (which I would doubt), I don't see any free work being done. :(

Guest gbfisher

Do you think a place like advance would give me a replica of my pickerel.

If I let them use it to make a mould? :glare:

At one time,,,, Yes! :good:

It would have had to have been a Big one though lol.

Last time Shawn said anything about the idea he was looking for a 36 + inch Pickerel. :blink: That was 9 years or so ago.

A mould can only produce so many parts and they would need a new one.

Since then they do things differently.

You could call them and ask though. :D

Do you think a place like advance would give me a replica of my pickerel.

If I let them use it to make a mould? :glare:

You caught a fish Paul ? I understand why you would want to get a mount done. :P

Joking dude. You probably catch more fish than I do.

Talk to Advanced and I'm sure they will figure something out.

They have moulds of different sized fish and from various water bodies too.

They did a replica mount of my dad's old skin mount walleye.

I saw one in the shop that was about the same size and liked the way it was mounted (pose) , so that's what I ordered.

Looks as good as the day I brought it home and it's been a few years. Just a light dusting once in a while is all it needs.

I was talking to a guy yesterday who had them do up a nice muskie for him...they didn't have a mold that was close enough, so he paid extra. dunno.gif

I think to go free, or even discounted....it's going to have to be some kind of record, and you're going to have to let them either make duplicates for shows and advertising, or take yours around to different shows for their display.

Hmmm.....wonder if we'll see a 27.5lb sheepie come from their shop any time soon? rolleyes.gif

Guest gbfisher

I was talking to a guy yesterday who had them do up a nice muskie for him...they didn't have a mold that was close enough, so he paid extra. dunno.gif

I think to go free, or even discounted....it's going to have to be some kind of record, and you're going to have to let them either make duplicates for shows and advertising, or take yours around to different shows for their display.

Hmmm.....wonder if we'll see a 27.5lb sheepie come from their shop any time soon? rolleyes.gif

They used to do all 'record fish' and they were free for the person who caught it. :thumbsup_anim:

It seems records are a thing of the passed. That goes with replicas and mounts as well. Not as much interest in it anymore... :dunno: