Which are the best lure/ baits for pike and walleye?

fisher12

Thanks for all the replies.

I am going to fish the credit river, lake simcoe and other lakes in the area such as the Kawarthas, but the Credit is still my main fishing area.

no one has axed so im gonna. How old are ya anywayshuh.gif we need to know if we should watch our language or notwink.gif

kewl.i was 13 once too. i think,does you dad fish too.

Not really, he only went 2 times without me, we go together when fishing. I have caught Perch , pumpkinseed, bluegill, sm and lm bass and round gobies. I went salmon and trout fishing a few times but with no luck.

Edited by fisher12

Not really, he only went 2 times without me, we go together when fishing. I have caught Perch , pumpkinseed, bluegill, sm and lm bass and round gobies. I went salmon and trout fishing a few times but with no luck.

well ya seem like a smart little dude,you are a dude aren't ya...cause girls like to fish too,

Keep readin the posts, you will learn all ya need to know in here.maybe now that everyone knows how old you are you'll get the respect you deserve.

tite lines dude or dudettew00t.gif

well ya seem like a smart little dude,you are a dude aren't ya...cause girls like to fish too,

Keep readin the posts, you will learn all ya need to know in here.maybe now that everyone knows how old you are you'll get the respect you deserve.

tite lines dude or dudettew00t.gif

lol dude.

Guest gbfisher

gbfisher, He is only 13. Why you giving the kid such a hard time? Remember when you were 13? Or was the tooooooooo looooooong ago? <_<

it was long ago....

Was either that or.....well...never mind.... :D

I only gave life lessons.... :rofl2: and rightly so. :D

Some of you must feal like real jerks now, or at least you should. Making fun of the kid and just being bullies. If you don't like the questions peaple ask, then just don't answer them.

Not me. I sure don't as I gave the best advise I could. That was "go to a shop you ARE going to purchase from and ask for info and they may give you pointers/spots too" or something close to that. I stand by my words. If fisher12 was to go to walmart he/she would learn 0 from them. If he/she goes to "local tackle shop" he/she would learn what to use and when and where in the area. Just saying...

Not me. I sure don't as I gave the best advise I could. That was "go to a shop you ARE going to purchase from and ask for info and they may give you pointers/spots too" or something close to that. I stand by my words. If fisher12 was to go to walmart he/she would learn 0 from them. If he/she goes to "local tackle shop" he/she would learn what to use and when and where in the area. Just saying...

sure its not aimed at you GBW.that was good advice.but if you look back you will see me laffin at a silly remark by someone. then i got to thinkin that maybe this kid really loves to fish and needs some guidance.thats why i asked his age and gender so we would know who we were dealing with.I dont know, he sounds like a little guy who would be tickled pink to go fishing with one of you guys in his area some day.thumbsup_anim.gif

sure its not aimed at you GBW.that was good advice.but if you look back you will see me laffin at a silly remark by someone. then i got to thinkin that maybe this kid really loves to fish and needs some guidance.thats why i asked his age and gender so we would know who we were dealing with.I dont know, he sounds like a little guy who would be tickled pink to go fishing with one of you guys in his area some day.thumbsup_anim.gif

I know it wasn't a shot at me and if it was then the 'shot taker' needs to wake up and re-read the whole post. In fact, if fisher12 and his folks are close to me and I can get them out fishing the the offer is open. Provided I can get out (problem 1 right now is boat boats are put to be for the season). The BEST advise I can give is this. Use a darter jig and a 4" grub in a natural colour for ANY and ALL decent size fish. Then again, if they have a boat and want to get out and or shore fish in my area it's a whole new game...

All you need in the credit is a marshmellow...

..just sayin.

Funny, True, But we don't want to be starting anyone off with bad habits! fisher12 DO not use a marshmellow. if your fishing the credit, grab a wolly bugger or bead head wolly bugger, in black brown green, maybe a stone fly or two, that will be good all fall winter spring, and in the summer for bass.. and all along I wasnt going to say a thing :wallbash::blahblah1:

if you guys were on the quinte forums you would be kicked off for treating peoples comments like that.hes only a learning angler and if you cant ask guys on these forums questions to learn and you get bashed for it do you think that they will ask a question again,isnt fishing all about learning and this is what these forums are supposed to be for i thought.leave the kid alone if you dont have any good advice for him or anybody for that fact.

Which are the best lure/ baits for pike and walleye?(please be specific as to size and colours, which line do you use them on)

fisher, for pike i use rapalas a mix of colours and from floating to deep diving models.you can cast them from shore and troll them as well.i use a 7ft med action rod and spin reel with 50lbs power pro line and 7ft floralcarbon leader 25lbs.they work for walleye as well,i use jigs for walleye with mr twister tail in differnt colours,walleye love twister tails and you can also tip them with berkley shad minnows.assorted colours for jig heads 3/8 to 3/4.the same rod and reel and line will work but step down to 12 lbs leader line.

there are some people who join forums like this and spam the board for just for the fun of it(according to a mod i talked too.) The mods are aware of who they are too. And in any case, its the mods job to weed these guys out.

For any newbie or minnow reading this, if you are serious about learning about fishing, the more info you give us about yourself, ie age, if you already fish a bit, if you've never fished,what kind of equipment you have, etc, will help us to help you to the best of our ability. Because, after all, that is what we are here for, RIGHT GUYS AND GALS.

fisher12, now you see why i asked your age and if you were a dude or dudetteangel.png Now you are gonna get the respect you deserve buddy !!!! fish on my little fishin dude, fish on.

i like spinners with real worms. just dont like it when the worm poops on me.

Hi Fisher12 here's a blog I wrote about pike lures I wrote it based on Long point bay but these lures will work anywere .

http://www.wfn.tv/ambassador/admin/content/preview.php?content=404270

as for a rod/reel for pike I would suggest you get a 7' medium heavy so you can use it for other species also and a good 3000 size reel you don't need a really exspensive set up to start with but the $20 combo's from wallmart are not gonna last very long if your targeting pike .You live real close to some really good spring pike fishing and hopefully some of the other members here will help you out with some spots (I have never fished TO pike ) to get you started in the spring just keep reading and researching all winter and you will get into some pike this spring .I don't target walters so I can't help ya there . Good luck .