what could this have been?

bassmaster4

I was fishing an area of water that is about 40 meters wide last night with my buddy, it flows into lake ontario my buddy was fishing with a worm with the sinker below his bait. Out of nowhere the rod got dragged into the water and darted out into the lake. I have no idea what it was but im thinking it was a salmon.

I was fishing an area of water that is about 40 meters wide last night with my buddy, it flows into lake ontario my buddy was fishing with a worm with the sinker below his bait. Out of nowhere the rod got dragged into the water and darted out into the lake. I have no idea what it was but im thinking it was a salmon.

Hope it wasn't a nice rod....

Could of been a salmon or trout, but what do I know?

Will not be the first or last rod and reel ripped of the bank by a CARP .I have been with guys who even tho they were some what watching thir rods when fishing for these guys , that had one of those lake o bad boys grab their worm float weight and all and head out into the lake never to be seen again , could have been a trout or salmon (makes for a better story , damn this giant salmon ripped the rod out of my hand and lo I lost my rod ) but I would bet the house that it was just a bottom sucking lowly CARP ,I mean that in a good way for all the carp guys here ,IM sure anyone of them will have a story or two about rod stealing carp.It happens all the time

Will not be the first or last rod and reel ripped of the bank by a CARP .I have been with guys who even tho they were some what watching thir rods when fishing for these guys , that had one of those lake o bad boys grab their worm float weight and all and head out into the lake never to be seen again , could have been a trout or salmon (makes for a better story , damn this giant salmon ripped the rod out of my hand and lo I lost my rod ) but I would bet the house that it was just a bottom sucking lowly CARP ,I mean that in a good way for all the carp guys here ,IM sure anyone of them will have a story or two about rod stealing carp.It happens all the time

I've come very close to loosing a rod to a carp, I still ended up getting the best of him.

But since then I have purchased a bank rod holder... because you never know when you let go for a second or take your eye of the end to light that smoke....

:stretcher:

I was fishing the pier at Goderich, many years ago, and yes, fishing for the Wiley River Hog, also known as carp!

I was with some newbies so I was distracted for a minute and when I looked back, my rod was gone!!!

Grabbed one of the newbies rods, tied on a big heavy spoon and started chuckin it and dragging bottom.

Got the rod back and a little 5pd Carp still on the line...

So as others have said... probably a carp, but you never know, it could have been a mutated Gobie!

HH

Lost a cheap little spinning rig this year up on Lady Evelyn. Bass pulled it right over the transom while I lit a smoke.... And like Headhunter, I tied on a Storm walleye with a big:asshat: treble on it and got my rig back on the first cast... with the bass still on it.

Your case, I'm guessing a big 'ol carp. I grew up down by the lift bridge in Hamilton, so I've seen how big they can get.... Scary at times....

I had my drag on zero and STILL almost lost my combo to a carp...those fish go NUTS when they figure out they are hooked.

Probably a carp, better leave the rod all the way back (not close to the water) next time. Although I would not rule out a mermaid, who works at Wal-Mart during the weekends.