slow start to my hunting season

oxcowboy

hey folks,

havent been around much here lately, been busy with work, the farm, and life. our deer season opened on sept. 24th, i was in a wedding that day and sure didnt feel much like climbing a tree the next morning or evening(it was a real good wedding) :stretcher: So anyways, i havent had much chance to be in the woods till this weekend. Friday i go and see nothing, saturday morning i go and see nothing, saturday evening i go and see a doe finally but she was about 80 yards out, then i see another sneaking up to the right of me, i get ready it comes out and its a lil spike, bout 4 inches on each side. we only get one buck tag so i didnt want to waste it on him, only about 110 pounds or so. well tonight i go back to the same spot, get settled in and waited. after about an hour of setting in light rain, i see something. It was a coyote heading right to me! i slowly get settled in and he just keeps coming. finaly at 10 yards i let the arrow fly. Right on target, he went about 30 yards and was done. This is the first bow kill on a yote for me.

102_1348-2.jpg

We farm so everyone we can take out of the area is a good thing for us. Hope everyone elses hunting year is going good, hope to get some deer pics soon.

jason

I skinned it out, gonna try my hand at tanning the pelt and hang on the wall of my man room down in the basement. i for sure wont be eating it, but as the outlaw josey wales said " To hell with them. Buzzards gotta eat, same as worms.

jason

I skinned it out, gonna try my hand at tanning the pelt and hang on the wall of my man room down in the basement. i for sure wont be eating it, but as the outlaw josey wales said " To hell with them. Buzzards gotta eat, same as worms.

jason

When you are watching hockey in the man den.....

Go Coyotes Go!

Edited by Rod Caster

jason

At my work we have a trapping supply store called Trans Canada Trapline. They have a product for people wanting to home tan their own pelts. Its called Trapper's Hide Tanning Formula. It sells at 13.99 per bottle. One or two bottle should be enough for a coyote. Let me know, I can have it out for you today :)

At my work we have a trapping supply store called Trans Canada Trapline. They have a product for people wanting to home tan their own pelts. Its called Trapper's Hide Tanning Formula. It sells at 13.99 per bottle. One or two bottle should be enough for a coyote. Let me know, I can have it out for you today :)

May have an issue getting that accross the boarder???

Nice shooting Jay.

we have in the past Joe, I now have a gaurdian dog at the barn and that seems to have helped. we still get a hen or two come up missing from time to time, but figure that might be coons or possums. we honestly have had more trouble lately with the black head vultures, praying on cows trying to calve.

jason