Need your Support

yo_guy

Hello OFC members,

Some of you may know this already but this year I decided to take 2010 away from fishing and to use those spare time to train for long distance running to raise money for the cancer society and charitable organizations even though I hate cardio especially jogging. I even sold some of my fishing gear to fund these events as I won't be using them.

So far this year I've completed the Sporting life 10km, Becel Ride for Heart 50 km, Acura 10 miler, Toronto Scotia Half-Marathon, CIBC Run for the Cure 5km (This Sunday), Toronto Goodlife Half-Marathon (Oct 17) and that should be it as my legs are getting pretty tired. I have one more race event to add but I can't seem to remember it.

The reason I posted this on the OFC Community is to see how many of you will be participating in the CIBC Run for the Cure event this Sunday on October 3, 2010. If you are not participating perhaps you would be interested in supporting me by pledging. So far this week I've raised $315 and with your help we can raise even more. If you do pledge please put OFC next to your name on the registration form this way we can see it.

I will be running for my Aunt Cecilia this Sunday as she passed away due to breast cancer on October 2001. Thanks for reading!

CIBC Run for the Cure Pledge Form

Edited by yo_guy

What you're doing is commendable! Good on you.

my favourite Aunt was informed she has breast cancer this week. Fingers crossed!

BillsTheBassMan,

Sorry to hear about that and keep your fingers crossed. My friend's mom was diagnosed with breast cancer in her early 30s way back and now she's in her mid 50s and still strong thanks to medical breakthrough and advancements. It will only get better!

I will be running for the Toronto district so the money raised for this area will remain in this area. If you live in other parts of Ontario please pledge for the participants in that area.

Hello OFC members,

Some of you may know this already but this year I decided to take 2010 away from fishing and to use those spare time to train for long distance running to raise money for the cancer society and charitable organizations even though I hate cardio especially jogging. I even sold some of my fishing gear to fund these events as I won't be using them.

So far this year I've completed the Sporting life 10km, Becel Ride for Heart 50 km, Acura 10 miler, Toronto Scotia Half-Marathon, CIBC Run for the Cure 5km (This Sunday), Toronto Goodlife Half-Marathon (Oct 17) and that should be it as my legs are getting pretty tired. I have one more race event to add but I can't seem to remember it.

The reason I posted this on the OFC Community is to see how many of you will be participating in the CIBC Run for the Cure event this Sunday on October 3, 2010. If you are not participating perhaps you would be interested in supporting me by pledging. So far this week I've raised $315 and with your help we can raise even more. If you do pledge please put OFC next to your name on the registration form this way we can see it.

I will be running for my Aunt Cecilia this Sunday as she passed away due to breast cancer on October 2001. Thanks for reading!

CIBC Run for the Cure Pledge Form