My First MUSKY!

The Urban Fisherman

Well it's no secret that I work for Facts of Fishing THE SHOW. I'm very fortunate to have a "boss" like Dave who loves to fish and share that love of the sport so much! One of his goals when we go away on a shoot is to put a great show in the bag so the whole crew can get a little time in on the water and that's just what we did this past week. Short and simple, I was able to spend a few hours on the water with Dave, Pete Maina and Brian Shram. There isn't a better team of dudes out there if you're trying to tie into your first ever Musky! I can't even begin to explain the excitement of not only catching my first Musky, but the felling you get when one of those big beasts chases you're lure right to the boat then sinks off into the abyss.. :worthy:

Anywyas, Dave - you're the man. I couldn't ask for a better friend and employer! This truly was the trip of a lifetime for me! Pete and Shram, the same goes to you guys. I hope that I have a chance to hit the water with you guys again someday sooner than later! Good times all around, and thanks for everything!

Shram, and Derek with his first musky - a healthy 40 incher...

DSCF4377_2.jpg

And myself and Pete with my first - a beautiful 47 inch fish! What a rush!

DSCF4370.jpg

A group shot before the release!

61123_436608513354_737068354_5345942_5175566_n.jpg

She swam off strong - waiting to be caught another day!

Have a great weekend!

Cheers,

Ryan

WOW !! Beauty fish. It must be cool working with and fishing with Dave and Spicoli. Hope you get your "Facts of Fishing" and your "Next Bite" is as good as that one. Congrats!

Well it's no secret that I work for Facts of Fishing THE SHOW. I'm very fortunate to have a "boss" like Dave who loves to fish and share that love of the sport so much! One of his goals when we go away on a shoot is to put a great show in the bag so the whole crew can get a little time in on the water and that's just what we did this past week. Short and simple, I was able to spend a few hours on the water with Dave, Pete Maina and Brian Shram. There isn't a better team of dudes out there if you're trying to tie into your first ever Musky! I can't even begin to explain the excitement of not only catching my first Musky, but the felling you get when one of those big beasts chases you're lure right to the boat then sinks off into the abyss.. :worthy:

Anywyas, Dave - you're the man. I couldn't ask for a better friend and employer! This truly was the trip of a lifetime for me! Pete and Shram, the same goes to you guys. I hope that I have a chance to hit the water with you guys again someday sooner than later! Good times all around, and thanks for everything!

Shram, and Derek with his first musky - a healthy 40 incher...

DSCF4377_2.jpg

And myself and Pete with my first - a beautiful 47 inch fish! What a rush!

DSCF4370.jpg

A group shot before the release!

61123_436608513354_737068354_5345942_5175566_n.jpg

She swam off strong - waiting to be caught another day!

Have a great weekend!

Cheers,

Ryan

Congrats to you and your brother, Ryan. I haven't met the Shram dude but that Pete guy is one that I like to consider a friend. If Pete hangs with him, he's more than OK.

Again, great lookin' toothies ....... quite the rush. Now, just out of curiosity, if you weren't casting, I'd like to know how far behind the boat you were trolling.

And yes, Dave must be a super boss to have but don't forget, he's got you as an employee...so it's a win win as far as I see it.

Hey guys! Thanks for the great replies! I'm out and about right now and on my Phone so I have to keep this short... Roy, thanks for the kind words - Shram is an awesome dude just like Pete and he knows his stuff as well. We were casting for them which is my preferred way to fish... No patience for trolling... And the chopped weeds and slop were horrible so you'd never have been able to troll!

Cheers,

Ryan