OFN Community Spirit, Thanks Aplumma

Spiel

Back in July I had gone out on Lake O with Fish Farmer for a little trout and salmon action and Fish Farmer had put up this post....

http://www.ofncommun...=1entry482072

In the post it was mentioned I had lost my fave down rigging spoon.

TJSA had asked in the thread what was the spoon I lost and I mentioned it was a Bronte Flutter spoon, out of production I believe for some time now.

Well good friend and all round good guy Aplumma endeavoured to replace it for me, he actually found 4 brand new, still in the package Bronte Flutter spoons on E-bay. Two white and two black which he promptly bought and shipped up to me last week.

How swell is that. A big heart felt thank you to you Art (aplumma), totally awesome of you! thumbsup_anim.gif

THats what this place is all about (one of my favs too , the flutter spoon has been a main stay on my boat for years , still got a few stashed ,I bring them out on tough days , great minds think alike) we may have our tiller vs consol , merc vs honda , 2 stroke 4 stroke ETC. debates but when ya need some help , this is the place to ask , GREAT group of people . Aplumma your a class guy , in a world where class guys are getting harder and harder to find .

Art's a good dood for sure Spiel

Couple years back I'd mentioned that one of my favorite musky baits was a large jailbird coloured Suick.

Awhile later, we were all up at Lakair for the June g2g and Art surprised me with a gift of an 11" jailbird Suick....that he'd custom made himself.

A good friend indeed !! :thumbsup_anim:

Art's a good dood for sure Spiel

Couple years back I'd mentioned that one of my favorite musky baits was a large jailbird coloured Suick.

Awhile later, we were all up at Lakair for the June g2g and Art surprised me with a gift of an 11" jailbird Suick....that he'd custom made himself.

A good friend indeed !! :thumbsup_anim:

Doesn't surprise me at all Lew, that's probably the same year he gifted me one as well. thumbsup_anim.gif

WTG Art :thumbsup_anim:

I never under-estimate the generosity and kindness of OFC members.

Earlier this spring, I was reunited with a certain magazine issue that I lost a few years ago, containing perhaps my favourite article of all time. A certain, generous OFNer shipped it from Hamilton to Scarborough for free ;) . I’ve read it at least 2-3 times a week since it arrived in my mail box :). karma does exist and what went around definitely came around to the right person. :D

P1030500.jpg

When I joined in 2005, I came for the tips but stayed because of the people (and Tuesday night chats :D)

I don't know Chris, sounds kind of "fishy" ;) to me!

Didn't he just send you a message about the next rod he would like you to build with 'extra thick grips' :dunno:

Sounds like a smart man "greasin' some wheels" if you ask me! :w00t: (Not that anyone did, or will)

...and when was it you needed that new rod by Art? B)

By the way Chris, that new rod tip held just fine on my 1st 3½ lb smallie early in the summer! :worthy: Thanks again!

I don't know Chris, sounds kind of "fishy" ;) to me!

Didn't he just send you a message about the next rod he would like you to build with 'extra thick grips' :dunno:

Sounds like a smart man "greasin' some wheels" if you ask me! :w00t: (Not that anyone did, or will)

...and when was it you needed that new rod by Art? B)

By the way Chris, that new rod tip held just fine on my 1st 3½ lb smallie early in the summer! :worthy: Thanks again!

LOL, I hadn't connected the 2 but now that you mention it.... whistling.gif

I'm pleased that the rod is functioning for you, may your next smallie excede that by 3lbs. thumbsup_anim.gif

Now why couldn't I be smart enough to figure out the lure/rod connection.... Thanks for the help IM HOOKED. :D

I found the lures on E bay out West now how they got their I have no idea. I can tell you that if you printed out this thread you would be spending more than the price of the lures. Even if they were much more it is still a cheap price for a friend who has welcomed you into his home and given you his last beer. Our thanks and gratitude for everyone who has touched our lives and we look forward to meeting you sometime in our lives.

Art and Joe

LOL, I hadn't connected the 2 but now that you mention it.... whistling.gif

I'm pleased that the rod is functioning for you, may your next smallie excede that by 3lbs. thumbsup_anim.gif

Now why couldn't I be smart enough to figure out the lure/rod connection.... Thanks for the help IM HOOKED. :D

I found the lures on E bay out West now how they got their I have no idea. I can tell you that if you printed out this thread you would be spending more than the price of the lures. Even if they were much more it is still a cheap price for a friend who has welcomed you into his home and given you his last beer. Our thanks and gratitude for everyone who has touched our lives and we look forward to meeting you sometime in our lives.

Art and Joe

Glad I could intrude, er...point out the obvious, I mean, be a pain in the :asshat: , :clapping:

(yes, 6½ lbs is definitely a goal worth working towards...just having trouble doing it from shore!)

as a relative newcomer to the board, i have been in awe of the relationship most of you seem to have with one another. i spent part of the afternoon with Roy the other day and i felt like i'd known him for years. Thats how at "home" he made Barb and i feel. This seems to be the norm on this incredible forum.

As i read the posts in this thread and others sharing personal tradgedy or utter elation, i get a warm fuzzy feeling, and i know that i am in the right place, and if the opportunity arises, i will lend a helping hand to anyone who needs it.

cheers to all of you, and Art, you are a gem of a man for doing such a thing.

worthy.gif