Where does your fishing tackle go after an MNR officer takes it?

shimano25

I've never been charged by an MNR officer, I do fish legally with a license, and never had my fishing equipment confiscated. I am just curious however where your fishing equipment goes once a MNR officer confiscates it after you violate a serious fishing law. Also, once they do take your equipment is there no chance in hell of getting it back? Just wondering.

Well I would be interested in this too, if it meant I could go to an auction and pick up high quality gear for pennies on the dollar. However, I doubt too many people that spend big bucks on equipment fish illegally, I'm sure most of the stuff they seize is garbage anyways.

However, I doubt too many people that spend big bucks on equipment fish illegally, I'm sure most of the stuff they seize is garbage anyways.

2 or maybe 3 summers ago I watched a grown man sit down at the dock and break down, tears, snotty nose, lots of cursing....ha

turned out to be 2 american guys, pulling a bass boat with a hummer...got nailed on simcoe keeping a bunch of smallmouths, can't remember how many but way over the limit, open bottles of booze and a few dozen gobies on board being used as bait

didn't stick around to find out the final details but was seeming like everything was being seized...that would be a good auction to be at....

Guest gbfisher

Forget your license out on the bay and pay dearly by losing your equipment and most likely not get it back.

Hasn't happened to me personally but I know a few who have had it happen to them. One of which even knew the officer who took it and never did get it back even after going to court and showing his license.

He now has a status card which was his end result with the so called Offense. Now he keeps what ever he wants when ever he wants and will tell the officer next time to GO BLOW while he drags around dead undersized toothy fish home to eat. Great result from a bogus offense.

... Nasty bunch of officers out there. Gotta keep everything in order and never forget.

Forget your license out on the bay and pay dearly by losing your equipment and most likely not get it back.

Hasn't happened to me personally but I know a few who have had it happen to them. One of which even knew the officer who took it and never did get it back even after going to court and showing his license.

He now has a status card which was his end result with the so called Offense. Now he keeps what ever he wants when ever he wants and will tell the officer next time to GO BLOW while he drags around dead undersized toothy fish home to eat. Great result from a bogus offense.

... Nasty bunch of officers out there. Gotta keep everything in order and never forget.

Any officers I have had to deal with were friendly and professional. Im thinking that additude was the issue with your friend and the officer. Its just a shame that some folks have to go thru this stuff. If you dont break the law in the first place they are very nice folks out there doing an exellent job IMHO!

Guest gbfisher

Any officers I have had to deal with were friendly and professional. Im thinking that additude was the issue with your friend and the officer. Its just a shame that some folks have to go thru this stuff. If you dont break the law in the first place they are very nice folks out there doing an exellent job IMHO!

I take it you fish the bay a lot do you and get pulled over 20 times a season. Some how I doubt it.

Has nothing to do with attitude on the fishermans side I can say. Has lots to do with the attitude of the officers who treat everybody as a criminal first and a fisherman last.

I know that down here if they pay the fine they get the stuff back which to me is a joke and there was (I dont know if there is now) no place for officers to check and see how many times in the past you were charged I would think that they should have a system to check and see how many times you were caught in the past.

I don't like the idea that you pay the fine you get it back I would think that stuff should go to auction and the $$$ placed back into the MNR.

You also have to watch out down here for people who don't like people who report poachers we have a bunch who don't give a crap and will black ball and bash people for calling the tips line which is sad if you ask me.

Our MNR officers are good down here and have always treated me great but I do the same to them they are just doing there job.

I get stopped all the time, actually forgot my lisence in the car once and was quite a ways up stream, buddy met me back at the car to see it with no problem he prolly waited 20 mins for me to walk back. he had already called my info in so he knew who I was and saw my car at the parking area .only time I have every seen a CO get upset was when my buddy (unknown to me )hadn't got his lisence yet in january and pulled a tude with the CO and he told my buddy to pay his fine quickly and if his equipment wasn't so crappy he would take it to, I actually laughed when he said that my buddy didn't think it was funny, he has never forgot to get his lisence again. like most have said CO's are usually very nice and won't be rude unless you give them a reason to,but some will just be jerks because they have the authority, just have to be polite and do what they ask and if your within the law there's nothing they can do but be a :asshat:

It's because you talk too bloody much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you're talkin'....you ain't listenin'........ :whistling::whistling::rolleyes::sarcasm:

I take it you fish the bay a lot do you and get pulled over 20 times a season. Some how I doubt it.

Has nothing to do with attitude on the fishermans side I can say. Has lots to do with the attitude of the officers who treat everybody as a criminal first and a fisherman last.

Guest gbfisher

It's because you talk too bloody much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you're talkin'....you ain't listenin'........ :whistling::whistling::rolleyes::sarcasm:

A prime example of authority talking...... :worthy::tease::rofl2:

:sarcasm:

I'd much rather shut the hell up and be on my way. To much time wasted with people who do it the right way. Much rather be fishing than wasting my time yappin. :)

Havent you graduated yet? B)

Guest gbfisher

You have 24 hours to produce your license, so I find this a little hard to believe.

Hard to believe..... :)

Happens all the time out on the bay. 24 hours.. :rolleyes: ..lol

Tell Bruce that when he pulls you over and don't let your tears fill the boat. ;)

Hard to believe..... :)

Happens all the time out on the bay. 24 hours.. :rolleyes: ..lol

Tell Bruce that when he pulls you over and don't let your tears fill the boat. ;)

Well, with all due respect, for one I always carry my license. For two, it's the law, you do have 24 hours to produce.

With that said, I'm sure Bruce has seen enough things to make him so eager to bust people. I say good on him for drawing a hard line. The more people here about stiff fines for minor-medium infractions, the more people will follow the regs.

Guest gbfisher

Well, with all due respect, for one I always carry my license. For two, it's the law, you do have 24 hours to produce.

With that said, I'm sure Bruce has seen enough things to make him so eager to bust people. I say good on him for drawing a hard line. The more people here about stiff fines for minor-medium infractions, the more people will follow the regs.

It is all up the officer who pulls you over. They can easily look up your license information.

Knowing the regs and reading up on where you fish each weekend is the important part for sure.

Thats said, reviving a Musky in a live well is not part of the regs and would have had you paying a pretty penny :)

It is all up the officer who pulls you over. They can easily look up your license information.

Knowing the regs and reading up on where you fish each weekend is the important part for sure.

Thats said, reviving a Musky in a live well is not part of the regs and would have had you paying a pretty penny :)

Woops, you appear to have made a wrong turn! The moral high road is to your left.