Golden Eagle Camp

blizzcat

Hi OFC'ers

(Due to my computer failing this is the second time writing this, so sorry if it's not as detailed as I originally planned! Hopefully everything works properly now!)

Just got back from Golden Eagle Camp and we had promised to post some pictures!

We had an amazing time and kudos to Bruce and Jennifer for all the hard work they put in up there! :)

During our trip there....

Fish Caught: Walleye, Smallmouth Bass, Pike

Techniques Used: Trolling with a worm harness, jigging, fly fishing with streamers, couple fish on a spinner or crank bait.

Now to the pictures! This should be a nice overview of our time there! :Gonefishing:

The cottages are really nice, it's such a welcoming environment, and good people all around!

GoldenEagle1.jpg

We got some nice pike,

GoldenEagle2.jpg

Also some smallies, (Josh lost a real big one when it jumped right beside the boat, but luckily another decent one came by) ;)

GoldenEagle3.jpg

Walleye were perfect eating size and we kept a few to fry up, (I did eventually figure out how to hold one without the net but it took a few tries and the picture is rainy lol)

GoldenEagle4.jpg

GoldenEagle5.jpg

GoldenEagle6.jpg

Saw some really nice wildlife and the hunters up there nabbed some bears, this one was just grabbing a snack from a waste site!

GoldenEagle9.jpg

^The first bear we've ever seen! Pretty cool.

GoldenEagle8.jpg

Amazing views, expecially at the outpost lake Bruce took us over to.

GoldenEagle7.jpg

Josh caught a few pike on the fly!

GoldenEagle91.jpg

On our last day Bruce told us about a path to get down to a dam we saw earlier in the week so we took the morning to check it out and we were glad we did!

GoldenEagle92.jpg

GoldenEagle91b.jpg

GoldenEagle94.jpg

Great memories! Thanks for everything Golden Eagle! B)

Thank everyone, it was a fantastic week! and we were happy everything worked out great in the end.

@ Brandon

It WAS Indian Chutes! Josh and I saw and it and he was determined to get down there, after talking to Bruce and Jennifer about it we learned about a path going down. Well worth it :)

@ Jason

Thanks again Jason for the awesome tips. We really appreciated it! :D

@ Frankie

Me too! We were fishing in the boat and it just walked out RIGHT in front of us. Before I got that picture I was struggling to get the camera out of the boat bag but there was actually two bucks who walked out and they fought. This guy was the victor and got to stay in the watering hole. SOO cool.

Thank everyone, it was a fantastic week! and we were happy everything worked out great in the end.

@ @ Frankie

Me too! We were fishing in the boat and it just walked out RIGHT in front of us. Before I got that picture I was struggling to get the camera out of the boat bag but there was actually two bucks who walked out and they fought. This guy was the victor and got to stay in the watering hole. SOO cool.

That would have been amazing! Every deer we saw at Restoule was a doe, but, the way they just wander throughout the park is amazing. Congrats on some nice fish as well.

Also kudos, once again, to Golden Eagle camp for coming through for you two!

I have not been up there in years thanks for the flash back I know some of them spots well I must say I always looked forward to the trip up there each year we need to get back up there one of these years glad to here that they have great people running it still. If anyone gets the chance this is a great please to visit.