How much do you spend on tackle?

Guest Manitoubass

Not much, my kids call my barn the tackle store. I have tackle to catch any thing from minnows to muskie. I use to collect Abu reels, and have around 40 rods and reels I used. LOL I didn`t spend money on bassboats, booze, or harley`s so I had more for tackle, and to actually go fish. :clapping:

Mind me asking what rod you put that reel on?

G. Loomis SJR 782 GL3.

amazing combo. perfectly balanced.

and no, its not for sale biggrin.gif

I had the rod already though. I upgraded an older stradic with the sustain. I almost bought a new stradic, but am glad I spend the extra cash and got the Sustain. its a bit smoother, has an even smoother drag (thanks to a ball bearing on the spool shaft) and has two titanium lipped spools which is nice. it was expensive, but at the same time, thanks to the identical spare spool included and reel cover, in addition to the reel itself, I think you are getting a lot of bang for your buck with this reel.

its just a lot of bucks that all laugh.gif

but then like most of us, I don't buy a reel like this every day. if i did I would be in the poor house.

Edited by 12 Volt Man

I'm getting married soon and just got into musky fishing and baitcasters. The reason why I mentioned getting married. Is because I've been told to buy now cause once kids cone the disposable income dries up. I've spent at least 600 on baitcasters. I don't even want to guess how much I've spent on musky lures, I've probably got 50 lures now.

I've spent less than $100 per year the past 2 years and that was for carp equipment and bait...

A couple of bank stix...an alarm...a telecopic carp rod to have as a second rod in case my son or bro-in-law cares to give carp a try...

I've got a housefull of excellent gear and haven't bought anything in a couple years.

I think alot of stuff catches more fishermen than fish :oops:

I bought three new lures this year and 1 rod/reel combo. Bought enough last 20 yrs. or so.

Didn't really need the lures.

So lets see,

1 trip to Northern Ont in June, all expenses including gas... = 950.00

Weekend trips East, South and West................................. = 600.00

Terminal tackle............................................................... = 500.00

Trolling motor.............................................................. = 1295.00

New tent........................................................................ = 150.00

Dining tent..................................................................... = 100.00

Camp cot....................................................................... = 150.00

Fuel for boat this season so far....................................... = 1200.00

2 Oil changes on boat so far this season (every 50hrs).......... = 90.00

New prop (first time I have ever had to replace one)........... = 245.00

Trip coming up to Northern Ont, all inclusive..................... = 950.00

Ottawa trip..................................................................... = 300.00

French River trip (October).............................................. = 300.00

St. Clair trip (November)................................................. = 300.00

Nippissing trip (November).............................................. = 300.00

Miscellaneous................................................................. = 300.00

Gulp........................................................................................................................................................................:blink:

Whew.... just reread the original post I guess I spend about 500.00 per year on tackle.

My name's Richard and I'm a fishing tackle-aholic :Gonefishing:

I'm not going to start adding it up but I know I've saved quite a lot by buying lures on eBay so the more I spend, the more I save, right?? :D

I do buy quality gear rather than cheap crap though, some of my Shimano reels are 8-10 years old and still going strong.

"Hiiii, Richard"

hahaha, too funny!

Well I just spent about $3000 on my Hobie (after gear, electronics, roof racks, etc.) and I can say that I would do it all again in a heartbeat!

That kayak is the best toy I have ever bought!

I'm headin up North this weekend with it to portage into a semi secluded lake and camp/fish my brains out.

Hopefully I'll have a stellar report come next week!

Dont want to add it all up. Tournies/Gas and gear and new electronics,Trolling Motor,rods and reels, so far about $25,000 this season. I'm sure its more but just guessing.

Like the other guy said, all this stuff bought now fishing gets cheaper. LMAO. :w00t::w00t:

End the thread, Marvin wins.

:lol:

Dont want to add it all up. Tournies/Gas and gear and new electronics,Trolling Motor,rods and reels, so far about $25,000 this season. I'm sure its more but just guessing.

Like the other guy said, all this stuff bought now fishing gets cheaper. LMAO. :w00t::w00t:

yea but your just not normal LOL !!!! I like when you upgrade cause i can buy the second hand like new gear :D

I don't tell my wife... I'm sure as heck not going to tell you. thumbsup_anim.gif

I did do a rough estimate for insurance... I don't bring up the cost per wear for her shoes like I used to. whistling.gif

rofl2.gifrofl2.gifrofl2.gifrofl2.gifrofl2.gifrofl2.gif

good.gif Neither do I!

estragen x 3, to one male!

See who wins in my house!sad.gif