My July Report St. Marys River

Kinger

Just thought I would share my stories and picture of my July from the bank of the St Marys river (Fished 10 nights). I used only used 1 rod (7 ft Shimano Scimitar) and 1 lure in two different sizes XR8 and XR10 both in the same color, every fish here was caught on the same lure! :D.

I caught quite a few of these guys.

julywalter1.jpg

This fellow had smelt stuffed in his throat but decided he could fit my bait in as well.

wally44.jpg

My uncle came to visit my folks from Hamilton and wanted to catch a walleye or two and eat them. Thankfully I was able to put him on a couple of fish and we had a successful night we ended up keeping 4 nice ones (limit on the marys is 4 any size) and having a little family fish fry. Here is a pic of the keepers.

walterhaul1.jpg

My mother asked me to get an Atlantic and keep it since it is her absolute favorite fish to eat.

So I had hoped that my walleye gear would hold up if and when I hooked an atlantic salmon. And thankfully it did.

Best fight of my life!!!

salmo1.jpg

I also got an appetizer that night, best tasting one-two punch in freshwater fishing imo!!

salmoeye.jpg

The largest eye I got last month wasn't that great but still a nice fish.

Hit so hard and had my 10 cm bait in her mouth right side up!

nicesummereye.jpg

Plus I got engaged! And she is getting into fishing now. Pretty good month all in all! Tight Lines!

profilepicture1.jpg

Nice job on the eyes. I was in the soo the other day and I had my fishing rod with me and I saw a kid catch a nice eye right in front of the hotel on the board walk. If I did not have to get up so early and drive to Thunder bay I would have fished.

About the girl. Make sure she actually likes to fish.

Congrats on the fish.

well, good to finally here from you. nice fish! kinda sad I didnt get out there at all while the 'eyes were hot. oh well, hopefully next week i'll be rockin the inland lakes in search of specks, 'eyes, pike and bass.

you look firmiliar too. I think I may have talked to you a few times by the powerhouse.

are the banks lined up with weirdos yet?

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

I need to find a nice, rube-free spot to own some pinks and kings from.

good luck! you land ONE fish and the buzzbomb swingin', garbage full of rotten salmon clan will be fishing so close to you that you could floss their teeth with your mono.

just look at the mentality during eyes! there's a dozen spots you can catch an eye just near where we fish but as soon as you're into fish the guys creep closer!