Thursday muskie report with fishgreg... 2/3

Fisherpete

Fishgreg and I headed out to try another round of muskie fishing. The day started out slowly, no muskies for the first few hours, se we did a bit of bassing. Greg caught a decent smallie near a dock.

smb.jpg

We resumed muskie fishing, and it was slow. Greg had a hit, but she broke the surface and was off. Not a big fish, but enough to get us pumped up again. Around 1pm, the sky went black, and in the distance we saw a bolt of lightening strike the hills... so we packed up and headed towards the launch. Soon after, a cold wind hit us, and the lake whipped into whitecaps faster than I have ever seen. Then came the rain - so hard that it hurt! After what seemed like forever and soaked to the bone, we arrived at the ramp. I pulled the boat out, and we decided to wait it out a bit to see if it would clear. Ten minutes later, the storm broke, and clear sunny skies resumed! I had checked the forecast, there was supposed to be no rain... grrr....

Back to fishing. About an hour later, the first ski was landed by yours truly, around a 34 or so. Once again, the Disco Perch produced.

m2.jpg

m1.jpg

Two hours later, I had my second of the day, another mid 30's fish. She was hooked perfectly - and I released her without using the net. Here you go folks, the lucky lure, aka DISCO PERCH has been unveiled - and is approved by disco Stu!

discoperch.jpg

Another three hours went by without a sniff... so we packed up and headed out. Pretty tough day overall, maybe the weather had something to do with it. Oh well, at least no skunkage! Sorry you didn't get one today Greg, you threw everything at them!

Edited by Fisherpete

Aahaa!! I see that your magical lure has a treble hook! It's only a matter of time now before someone figures out your mystery lure. Seriously, a lot of people (me included) would call your slow day a good weekend. I am impressed with your productivity on the water. Andy

Guest Johnny Bass

Well you cant win em all. Like you said...At least a few fish were caught in the boat. Jeff has also been doing average without me. He needs my expertise.lol

Nice smallie Greg. I keep telling Jeff I want to figure out the smallies in that lake. I want to target smallies all day!

Anyways, thanks for sharing and by the way guys?I know Pete's secret lure. But the secret is not in the lure. Its the Mc'chicken sauce he puts ON the lure.lol

Johnny, the McChicken sauce only works on channel cats... muskies prefer Big Mac sauce by far.

I do live fairly close to several of the Kawartha lakes guys, and do my own schedule at work... I also prefer weekday fishing anyway, and get out at least once a week. Lately the wifey has been really good to me, and I have been getting out even more! What more can I say, my name is Fisherpete and I have a muskie problem!

It was a good day out, even though I couldn't boat a ski. Pete is a great guy to fish with. He is dialed in right now. Thanks for a great day on the water. I love the disco perch pic. For me the disco ball says it all. "I am disco perch and I like disco music." I guess the ski's like a little disco as well.

Well you cant win em all. Like you said...At least a few fish were caught in the boat. Jeff has also been doing average without me. He needs my expertise.lol

Nice smallie Greg. I keep telling Jeff I want to figure out the smallies in that lake. I want to target smallies all day!

Anyways, thanks for sharing and by the way guys?I know Pete's secret lure. But the secret is not in the lure. Its the Mc'chicken sauce he puts ON the lure.lol

We caught 2 average sized musky last night, along with an 18" walleye.

Edited by cpguy29

Guest Johnny Bass

We caught 2 average sized musky last night, along with an 18" walleye.

There you go. The Musky fishing is slowing down. Every musky has been stung on that lake already. :Gonefishing: You'll get em next time Greg. This fall is going to be great for musky!