FISH A THON!

Okay hopefully I've gotten some attention from my "HELP" title. Things are going to happen much more fast and furious than I had hopped or planned. We are going to go with September 4th as our date, which means short notice and only 2 weeks to get pledges and prizes organized. Why so last minute on my end? To much on the go in my life right now which I don't really want to jump the gun on talking about, but the last thing I want to see happen is for the fish-a-thon to get passed up on it's second year.

We've gotten some AWESOME prize donations to date, but are much farther behind on pledges at this time, so if you're able to make a prize donation or pledge of ANY KIND, please shoot me a PM and we'll set something up. Pledger's will have their name put into a draw for a real nice prize!

Here's the deal:

Date: September 4th 2010

Times: 8 a.m. until 5 P.m. (for those who can make the entire day)

BBQ: 5:30 We'll have a BBQ, Bonfire and Prizes ( you can bring your family and or kids as we'll have a Kids Bouncy Castle set up as well )

Prizes: There will be various prizes for Fish-A-Thon participants as well as a chance for Pledgers to win something nice. We have to wait until later in the week to decide what exactly will be given out for what and who, as we're still getting donations at this time.

Fish-A-Thon participants: Need to get a pledge form from me or Dan ASAP and we'll need your T-Shirt Size. Get as many pledges as possible, and also try to get friends or family members involved.

I will be on the lake the next two weeks so I'll try to zero in on some fish and figure out some patters to help get everybody into some decent catches. We'll have a tournament style day again with a chance at a prize. The later date might make the bass bite a little tougher, but the trout bite will pick up for sure with cooler temps.

Lastly I started a new thread in hopes that it get's a little more love and attention if I just keep bumping it up...

Here's some catches from Deer Creek. Most of the time you can't get into the lake with motors on your boats so this is an opportunity for you guys to fish a great little lake no matter the size of your vessel!

DSCF5197_2.jpg

DSCF5198_2.jpg

DSCF2898.jpg

DSCF1553.jpg

DSCF1554.jpg

DSCF1291.jpg

DSCF1202.jpg

deercreekbuckets_4.jpg

55lbsdeercreekbucketmouth.jpg

DeerCreek002.jpg

DSCF0515.jpg

DSCF0519.jpg

DSCF0516.jpg

n502461579_1748356_8386.jpg

DSCF5055.jpg

photo-133.jpg

Last Years Prizes and Winners:

DSCF1175.jpg

DSCF1209.jpg

DSCF1212.jpg

DSCF1214.jpg

The Gang:

DSC_5350.jpg

5208_136958687145_516902145_3448071.jpg

DSCF1221.jpg

The Lake:

DSCF1184.jpg

DSCF5207.jpg

DSCF5050.jpg

DSCF2903.jpg

And the woman who caused me to start this Fish-A-Thon. Irene Anderson who passed away shortly after last years event from Cancer.

IMG_4197_2.jpg

IMG_3991.jpg

IMG_3497.jpg

Edited by The Urban Fisherman

Juli and I are in. :thumbsup_anim: We will start getting some pledges as soon as we're back from Restoule.

Come on guys/gals let's get some people signed up, been PM'ing back and forth with Ryan...this is a great cause/family event. Cancer has hit close to home for many, if not all, of us. What better way to raise money than doing something all of us here on the OFC love!!! :Gonefishing:

SLACKER! Why didn't you tell me when we talked earlier? :thumbsup_anim: Thanks bro - very much appreciated. Remember to get me all the names and shirt sizes when you're home and have time!

Cheers,

Ryan

done, I'm going smallie hunting after work and won't have time :D

DANG!!!!wallbash.gifwallbash.gifwallbash.gif

I'm booked that day but I'll look into changing that. Really want to try and get down to this Ryan. If I can't make it I'll help out in some way or another. Should know by early next week, if not sooner.

Hey Buddy!

Hopefully you can make it out, not just because of the fish-a-thon but it'd be nice to actually get to see you and spend some time hanging out! Let me know ASAP! You're more than welcome to crash out here the night before if you need to!

Cheers,

Ryan

Hey Buddy!

Hopefully you can make it out, not just because of the fish-a-thon but it'd be nice to actually get to see you and spend some time hanging out! Let me know ASAP! You're more than welcome to crash out here the night before if you need to!

Cheers,

Ryan

It certainly would be nice to hang out, thanks for the offer Ryan. Will let you know ASAP.

Few questions for a newbie? How much is the entry and where is this lake? Im interested. Does anybody have room for one more on thier boat? My boat is north at the trailer..Awesome event id love to go!

Few questions for a newbie? How much is the entry and where is this lake? Im interested. Does anybody have room for one more on thier boat? My boat is north at the trailer..Awesome event id love to go!

Entry to the park is usually $10.00 but I'm trying to get them to wave that fee or at least discount it. As for the fish-a-thon there's no "entry fee" other than to try and get some pledges with your pledge form. Just like a walk-a-thon if you've ever participated in one or made a donation. The lake is about 25 minutes southeast of Tillsonburg, Ontario towards Long point. And I'll see what we can do about getting you on the water!

Cheers,

Ryan

Good Morning Folks! Anyone else interested? We could use a few more fish-a-thon'ers! Ron where are ya buddy? haha

I am definately in Ryan.

This Fish A Thon has a lot more personal meaning to it for me this year. I jsut posted on the board the passing of my closest friend(Hutch) on Monday.

I think Dutchy is coming too, and this year we have my "new to me" tinnie. I think I will get you to show me how to use the depth finder I bought off you last year too.

See u soon bro

I am definately in Ryan.

This Fish A Thon has a lot more personal meaning to it for me this year. I jsut posted on the board the passing of my closest friend(Hutch) on Monday.

I think Dutchy is coming too, and this year we have my "new to me" tinnie. I think I will get you to show me how to use the depth finder I bought off you last year too.

See u soon bro

YO YO Ron! So very sorry to hear about your friend! Much love from my family to yours! Let me know if you want the little battery and I'll bring it out and give it to you for the hard water season! Also what size shirt are you and if you're talking to Dutchy have him let me know ASAP if he'll be able to make it! If you need a pledge form let us know!

Thanks man - and looking forward to seeing you again!

Cheers,

Ryan

Ok Guys!

So far we have 11 Participants confirmed - that's one short from last year! :thumbsup_anim:

And awesome prize donations from:

- Dave Mercer Outdoors Inc. Awesome Prize Pack & Shirts!

- TJ (the godfather of OFC :worthy: ) Ontario Fishing.net Swag!

- Lloyd - U & Me guiding service $350 value guided trip!

- Knock Out Lures - Spoon Prize pack!

- Mike P. from OFC - Donated Musky Baits!

OFC Private Pledges: I know times are tough guys - but if you can skip a timmies one morning every bit helps our cause!

FishingBill - Thanks for your pledge!

Your donations and support are appreciated more than you can all imagine!

Thanks to everybody for all your help and support!

Edited by The Urban Fisherman

Hey Ryan I think I have another guy (with a canoe) convinced to join us. He isint an OFC member is that ok? He will be after this im sure!

Doesn't need to be an OFC'r. There are guys from another board coming as well as guys who barely fish. Everybody is welcome