flat raps

sauce

Hey! Once I figured out how to make x raps dance, they became confidence lures. The only problem I had was working them in water under about 5 feet or so. Lost quite a few of these fish magnets to snags.

This year rapala came out with the flat rap. Its no x rap but I can make it dance and its another magnet. To me, ideal flat rap water is as shallow as 1 ft. Keep the rod tip high and just watch the fish slam'em. No real max depth cuz fish will rise up to bite these babies.

I've had a few flat raps fail on me though. Not right away but after bumping bottom a few times the diving bill breaks off rendering them useless. And I mean bumping bottom, not slamming or dragging. Anyone else have this issue? I have one in particular that seems indestructible. But a few others that were total losers in a matter of minutes.

reason your breaking them is because they were not designed to be a deflection bait, they are meant to swim not bump or drag bottom. you'll need a fatter more durable shallow diving lip if your planning on deflecting it off of structure.

Not using it as a deflection bait. Actually trying to avoid hitting anything with'em now. Just thought they were rather weakly built for a rapala. I'm just interested to hear if others have experienced this same issue. And ya, flat raps are new. Brand new and they work awesome. They advertise the "hard flashing action"

Try one out and see for yourself. If you fish bass or walleye in shallow water you should have a few of these in your box.

Not using it as a deflection bait. Actually trying to avoid hitting anything with'em now. Just thought they were rather weakly built for a rapala. I'm just interested to hear if others have experienced this same issue. And ya, flat raps are new. Brand new and they work awesome. They advertise the "hard flashing action"

Try one out and see for yourself. If you fish bass or walleye in shallow water you should have a few of these in your box.

I have one. I've used it to catch pike before. No problems with it. I've heard that sometimes you can get a bad batch of lures. Did you buy the flat raps all at the same place. Have you contacted rapala?

Yep will be contacting rapala for replacements. Between me and a bud we have 6 to return. Only a few bite marks on those ones. I'm thinkin bad batch, they broke too easily. Like I said, I've got one that seems a bit tougher than the rest. Its lookin pretty beat up though.