Big Bass? Maybe

2kj

That first one is no more than 3.5 maybe 4 lbs tops. I can put my fist in the mouth of a bass over 5. thats how I check em first before I weigh them. My buddy thinks i'm mentally challenged but he's starting to believe me :rofl2: That second one looks like a fin to me look at the mouth on it. Damn close, nice fish buddy.

I'd say 4.

Only problem is, over the weekend I saw a picture that was supposed to be "an 8lb+ fish", but I called it out as a good 5+.

And you EC1 have illustrated my point exactly, "suppose to be" and you're right

op, do you have a weight on this and are just testing our perception, or are you looking for an estimate because you aren't sure?

For reference I thought this one was easily 5 lbs when I caught it but weighed in just shy...

DSC06914.jpg

I'm 5' 10" and not holding it out all that far (I know it looks it).

Just curious about people's perception, 4 plus 2 was mine

Just for a side by side...

I know exactly how much this one was. Was measured on digital hand scale as well as verified and corrected against a tournament in water scale setup.

P1050264.jpg

This measure 5.22 on a handheld digital, and corrected to 5.45 on an in water tournament digital setup.

When comparing pictures look at the size of the persons hands compared to the fish. In my case look at my hand and how far down its face goes compared to the other ones. I have pretty big hands. COmparing to someones body is relative to the distance between the fish to the body to the camera. If the person holding the fish can't put there fist in its mouth it ain't 5 pounds.

Edited by jedimaster

I agree with Glen, hate when people hold them all the way out, are we supposed to think the bass is 4 feet long? lol

What about your avatar pic?

I like the pictures that emphasize the beauty of the fish. I rarely look at the guy holding the fish. Im looking at the fish. A little bit of " trick photography " never hurt anyone.

Anyways, nice fish guys.

I was guessing 4.6 before I read the answer. Hard to tell how fat it was from that pic.

When I catch smallies and weigh them I am usually within 2 or 3 tenths of a pound away from the weights and we are talking 3 - 4 pounders.