Big Bass? Maybe

2kj

Let's talk size. We all know American's exagerate the size of the bass they catch on some of the WFN shows and of course haven't we all about the one that got away. I just want to see what your perception of weight is of a commonly caught fish like a largemouth. How much?

See pic below first response :wallbash:

Edited by Jbird

Let's talk size. We all know American's exagerate the size of the bass they catch on some of the WFN shows and of course haven't we all about the one that got away. I just want to see what your perception of weight is of a commonly caught fish like a largemouth. How much?

Where's the "pic"???

largemouth2010.JPGlargemouth2010.JPG

Guest Rapala Boy

There are two types of Large Mouth in North America, the Northern Largemouth and the Florida Largemouth. The Florida sub-species grows much faster than the northern (what we have here is the northern).....

Edited by Rapala Boy

Guest gbfisher

American's exagerate. :rofl2: Stick around a while and see that green carp are not the only kind of fish that are exagerated..... :rolleyes:

Wouldn't be a fishing tale otherwise.

3.5 lbs :rolleyes:

Edited by gbfisher

There are two types of Large Mouth in North America, the Northern Largemouth and the Florida Largemouth. The Florida sub-species grows much faster than the northern (what we have here is the northern).....

and the weight?

lol

or you could just say that the florida bass are only known as the florida bass because their growing season is year round. where as when the ice hits our water our bass ALMOST stop feeding.

i say 25lbs 25oz and measure it to be about 19' LOL

I'd say between 5 - 5.5lbs

Nice fish for sure!

or you could just say that the florida bass are only known as the florida bass because their growing season is year round. where as when the ice hits our water our bass ALMOST stop feeding.

Exactly right!

op, do you have a weight on this and are just testing our perception, or are you looking for an estimate because you aren't sure?

For reference I thought this one was easily 5 lbs when I caught it but weighed in just shy...

DSC06914.jpg

I'm 5' 10" and not holding it out all that far (I know it looks it).