Weirdest thing you've caught?

southpaw24

Guest Rapala Boy

in my youth i was messin around with a gal that looked like Elvira Queen of the Darkness and caught crabs ... :oops:

where you trying to catch fish

10 years ago somebody with a little more money than brains was using a (real) Loomis with a $250 Daiwa to floss Kings off a Lake O pier...and ended up having his rig pulled into the drink while he was grabbing another beer. Fast forward a few hours and I ended up dragging his rig out of the deep after he'd left. I've dragged ticking watches, children's Snoopy fishing rod with a 10lb bow still attached, women's underwear up when pier chucking but just in pure dollar value that one topped everything else combined.

Score for me.

The weirdest one though was definitely the zombie carp I caught out of Hamilton. Couldn't believe this thing was still alive let alone actively feeding through the hole in it's face.

FuglyCarp.jpg

10 years ago somebody with a little more money than brains was using a (real) Loomis with a $250 Daiwa to floss Kings off a Lake O pier...and ended up having his rig pulled into the drink while he was grabbing another beer. Fast forward a few hours and I ended up dragging his rig out of the deep after he'd left. I've dragged ticking watches, children's Snoopy fishing rod with a 10lb bow still attached, women's underwear up when pier chucking but just in pure dollar value that one topped everything else combined.

Score for me.

The weirdest one though was definitely the zombie carp I caught out of Hamilton. Couldn't believe this thing was still alive let alone actively feeding through the hole in it's face.

FuglyCarp.jpg

hahaha!

good ole hamilton carp.

I caught a black pacu out of a pond in my home town it was around 6lbs I still have it wrapped in the freezer gonna get a replica done one of these days .there was another 1 caught the following summer a bit smaller so someone dumped 2 auqarium fish in there .I must say though these thing scrap prolly the best fighting fish I ever caught for its size just screaming the drag when it ran best part was these things are related to pirahna and I caught it on corn carp fishing my buddy screamed like a little girl when he saw the teeth and almost dropped it back into the water I still remind him of that scream once in awhile.

Score for me.

FuglyCarp.jpg

That's gross, just before lunch! Thanks

I caught a black pacu out of a pond in my home town it was around 6lbs I still have it wrapped in the freezer gonna get a replica done one of these days .there was another 1 caught the following summer a bit smaller so someone dumped 2 auqarium fish in there .I must say though these thing scrap prolly the best fighting fish I ever caught for its size just screaming the drag when it ran best part was these things are related to pirahna and I caught it on corn carp fishing my buddy screamed like a little girl when he saw the teeth and almost dropped it back into the water I still remind him of that scream once in awhile.

I didn't think a Pacu had any teeth. They are veggy eaters. Are you sure it wasn't a black pirahna?

Full can of Orange Crush

Fresh Water clam while trolling

Perch carcass while ice jigging

Smallie with a crankbait in its mouth, still in my tackle box, the crankbait that is.

Rod and reel

First time I ever caught a Sheephead years ago-had no idea what it was.

My brothers head

I didn't think a Pacu had any teeth. They are veggy eaters. Are you sure it wasn't a black pirahna?

according to the university of guelph it was a black pacu and they said they will eat both plant and fish i will try to find the article from the paper and scan the pic.I don't think pirahna get that big .

I found this on a tropical aquarium fish forum " Its diet is based on fruits, vegetation and insects that fall into the water. Although peaceful, you need to be careful because it has powerful teeth that can really hurt an arm with a bite"

Edited by SRT8

Hopefully you turned this in...sounds like evidence.

Weirdest thing for me was an albino smallmouth bass, it was about three pounds and even had pink eyes, otherwise it was white, thought it was a cisco at first. Caught in Three Mile Lake in Muskoka. I never even thought to keep it, we just stared at it for a minute and dropped it back in.

I caught a blind pike once, missing one eye and the other was obviously damaged, probably a bad hook job but it still hit a spinnerbait.

I have also hooked a couple of fishing partners, two lunds, a triton, a ranger and a dodge.

The police were called immediatly and they cmae out on the pier and retrieved the gun,the clip was missing and there were no bullets. That was the first thing I thought of,it could have been used in a crime

The police were called immediatly and they cmae out on the pier and retrieved the gun,the clip was missing and there were no bullets. That was the first thing I thought of,it could have been used in a crime

:clapping: I'm glad you did that for a lot of reasons, there's a lot of donkeys that would have gone and kept the gun without even asking themselves "why is this thing in the water?"

It was clearly used in a crime.

While up near Nestor Falls recently I was fishing a small lake with some senkos and a big snapping turtle nailed it from out of nowhere.

I got him close and the ms. snapped a pic before managed to free the hook from him with long pliers and he swam away happy. Very respectable and aggressive creatures.

The way it hit I was hoping it was a monster bass but no luck!

DSC00554.JPG

I notice these guys in the river ALL THE TIME. On my first carping trip ever one of these guys was circling around my lure and kind of ruined the spot lol.

I really do like them though. I saw one the other week swim up right beside me and stick his head out of the water and look up at me. He hung out for a minute and swam about 6 feet away and just chilled. It was the biggest snapping turtle I've ever seen. It looked like something pre-historic.

I zapped one of those with an electrofisher once. That was interesting.

Nothing to interesting while actually fishing. A couple of crayfish that hit a jig, a couple clams, that's about it.

Tim wait till you zap a beaver and it jumps out of the water onto the nearest thing that isn't water-YOU