Weirdest thing you've caught?

southpaw24

Saw this on another forum, pretty easy just say what the weirdest thing you've ever reeled in.

I brought in a nice fishing net once with a 6' handle on it, from 45 feet deep... pretty weird

also caught a small walleye which was maybe 10 inches long that had a baby snake maybe 16 to 17 inches hangin out of its mouth... that one startled me a bit...

but whats your weirdest?

Got a few interesting ones...

bat

muskrat

anchor rope... with anchor at the end!

t-shirt

beer can

clam

fishing line with lures still attached (probably 10 times)

rod & reel combo

10-12 pound lake trout carcass while ice fishing (somebody filleted it and dumped the rest down the hole in a rental hut! I didn't catch a fish all day, pulled that one up on a Williams spoon with half an hour to go before pickup, GRRRRR!)

While ice fishing in 85ft, dropped my metal rod holder down the hole... and caught it 3 hours later and pulled it back up!

well over the past 35+ years ive landed some strange things and heres a list

opening day for walleye (6am)here on quinte after 15mins fishing i landed a stringer with 4 live walleye on it (yep it was the fastest limit i ever caught lol)

old rubber boot

set of car keys (while jigging)

rod n reels x 5

2 small smallmouth at the same time on a zarra spook

hummingbird fish finder(snagged power cord)

largemouth bass(approx 2lbs) with NO bottom jaw (think huge pike bit it off)

segal lol after it eat my c.c shad that was rolling on the surface due ta weeds(never thought id look up ta reel anything in :clapping: )

a 1-2 lb pike with no tail

pair of sun glasses while jigging

well thats about it im sure theres a few more but you know getting old and forgetful :wallbash:

Hawg Hunter

we were fishing a trophy walleye lake in Quebec and my buddy hooks into one what he said felt like trophy. After about 15 minutes trying to get it in I am standing there with the net and he reels in a 10 lb rock with a weird hole in it. Thats where his rapala hooked on to it. The look on his face was priceless, he was so pissed he snapped his rod over his knee and threw the whole oufit in the lake. Then we spent an hour fishing for his Curado which we got back but the Crucial was a gonner. Everey time I think about that I still laugh my ass off, I actually thought for a bit that he was going to punch me in the face cause I was teasing him to the max. :rofl2:

Eye glasses

Minnow bucket still full of minnows

Someones "night line" they left out on the ice over night. Had a 10lb lake trout attached to the end of it that was swimming in circles. Ended up wraping around my line.

Was on Muskoka Lake ice fishing and I caught an 8 pound laker....Not odd but when I got it up on the ice it had another hook in its mouth. and some line. I pulled the line and about 100 yards of line and out poped a brand new stcroix legend ice rod.

My buddy lost it about 5 minutes earlier through the ice about 100 yards away.

clams

fishing line with lures still attached

rod & reel combos (3 or 4 of these now)

opening day for walleye (6am)here on quinte after 15mins fishing i landed a stringer with 4 live walleye on it (yep it was the fastest limit i ever caught lol)

Buddy of mine did the same thing on the Kawarthas a few years ago.

2 largemouth at the same time on a redfin.

seagull

nets (2)

But the best was a bikini top.w00t.gif Too bad i didn't get what was wearing it.biggrin.gif

Pistol,Glock or barreta it was pretty well toast.I got if off the peir at Port Dalhousie

Hopefully you turned this in...sounds like evidence.

Weirdest thing for me was an albino smallmouth bass, it was about three pounds and even had pink eyes, otherwise it was white, thought it was a cisco at first. Caught in Three Mile Lake in Muskoka. I never even thought to keep it, we just stared at it for a minute and dropped it back in.

I caught a blind pike once, missing one eye and the other was obviously damaged, probably a bad hook job but it still hit a spinnerbait.

I have also hooked a couple of fishing partners, two lunds, a triton, a ranger and a dodge.

Edited by Michael Brown

While up near Nestor Falls recently I was fishing a small lake with some senkos and a big snapping turtle nailed it from out of nowhere.

I got him close and the ms. snapped a pic before managed to free the hook from him with long pliers and he swam away happy. Very respectable and aggressive creatures.

The way it hit I was hoping it was a monster bass but no luck!

Got a carp after jigging in the river and catching on to someone else's line that broke off and had the carp on the other end.

DSC00554.JPG

Edited by scugog

Caught a seagull at Ramsey Lake in Sudbury.

I was using a top water lure. The seagull spotted it and dive bombed it. He realized his mistake and tried to fly away but he was hooked.

I flew him like a kite for a few minutes while trying to figure out how I was going to get my best top water lure back.

I reeled him in and covered him with a sweater while I tried removing the hooks (Treble on each end). I would get one end free and the other one would hook him. As I cut the line to make things easier he squirmed and pecked his way out of my grasp and took off with the lure.