Kaberle Stays with the Leafs

Paulus

Doesnt Kaberle have a no trade clause in his contract?? The only way he gets shipped at the deadline is if he wants to leave, which is something that he doesnt want to do unles maybe he wanted to play for a play off bound team. Burke probably didn`t trade him because nobody offered him two first round picks for him LOL. Trading 3 picks (2 first rounders) for a player coming of a shoulder surgery was just stupid. Every time he takes a hit I bet every leafs fan cringe and dies a little. "Playoffs?! Don't talk about playoffs! Are you kidding me? Playoffs?! in Jim Mora`s voice hahah

and Marko is the winner :clapping: he will only go to a handful, if that, of teams he wants play for come the deadline, but go he will because it would be cheap insurance for a team that might go deep in the playoffs and that team will cough up more than he's worth in draft picks....and so it has been said here first

We need a bare minimum top 6 forward for him and preferably a draft pick. At the end of the day, the defense is still very strong without him, his contract is up next season and if he doesn't waive it before the deadline it's Sundin all over again. The offer will come before at the deadline but then it'll weigh on Kaberle to take it or not.

My take is that the Jay's are a hell of a lot more exciting to watch.

Burke is a good hockey man. He just has to deal with the joke he inherited. Good teams are built from the goalies and defence first the the forwards and centers last. Kaberle won't go to a playoff contender cause that will mess up his summer holidays. The leafs suck.

:clapping: Lets go Habs :clapping:

I was surprised to see that he wasnt traded, but at the same time, not that disappointed, he is a great passer, and not a bad defenseman.

The leafs do have way too many good d-men now though, so I dont know exactly what they will do about the situation, I wouldnt be surprised to see a trade involving some different defensemen, and possibly forwards in the coming months.

I have thought this for a while now, but I am wondering if anyone else has thought about it, they should move him into a forward position, and let him feed Kessel the puck without having to worry about getting caught too far up into the play, with his passing ability, I think he would be a good fit as a winger.

Toronto has a professional hockey team, who knew!!! :rofl2:

This kinds reminds me of a joke when the cyotes were gonna be moved to Hamilton. "Why wont bettman allow a pro NHL franchise in Hamilton?? cause then they will want one in Toronto...LOL I am a leaf fan and I see this as a good chance to resign him. If I know Burke he will indeed. He was trying to trade him off while he was worth somthing. Now that he is no longer worth anything on the market its time to get pen to paper. Kabs is a leafer for life my firends. I only hope he gets the respect he deserves..