quick rant sorry

Handlebarz

Well here I was just sitting reading Joeys happy thread and I get a phone call first off I dont answer the phone unless I know who is calling but this was different for some reason I picked up I could not under stand a word she was saying until she got to the company she was calling from they are the same ones who I have had a alarm for the house for over 10 years the thing that ticked me off is she said I won a FREE alarm system but had no clue I already was with them. Sorry it just urked me that calls still make it through even thought were on the DON'T CALL ME LIST!!!

Rant over

Cheers Mike :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

The don't call me list just gets sold to companies

Yup, it does, I looked into it. I won't go into details, but the last guy who called was very sorry he did after I raked him over the coals telling him I was on the do not call list. Doubt he'll ever call me again :whistling::lol: But I did ask him where he got my number and after my tirade, he finally said he bought it off the do not call list. Bull if you ask me.

Happy thoughts, happy thoughts, happy thoughts...............

I usually ask them "How can I help you?".

They usually get a little stunned by such a question.

After a couple of, you called me etc., etc.., I say you might want to make sure this call is recorded for training purposes. They are completely lost by now, then when I ask who they think is paying the bill for this time on the phone, they hang up, rather rudely sometimes.

In my family we play a game with such callers!

I let them go through their entire sales pitch...then I say "oh, you should ask my wife"

Then she lets them go through the sales pitch, and says "oh, you should talk to my Dad"

And I'll use a fake voice, and of course let them finish their entire Sales pitch before passing

Them along to yet another fake voice....they usualy catch on by the 4rth or 5th run, and we giggle like school girls LOL!

So much fun out of a normally iratating situation :whistling:

The instant I realize it's a telemarketer calling I simply hang up. No sorry's, no explanation, no nuthin....just the sound of click and the line going dead for anyone calling our number. :thumbsup_anim:

May sound rude to some, but I think it's rude to call someone's private home number with a sales pitch. Besides, I don't owe anyone an explanation why I don't want their crap.

Now if I could only find a way to stop receiving unwanted faxes. :wallbash:

Paul hit it on the head if I understood what they are saying I am not as mad but when I could only understand the company name that was sad. A few years ago I would let them talk to my son when he was just learning to talk it was funny as heck. all in all I am in a great mood so its off to watch BB12 with the family then off to bed and start over LOL.

Cheers